[JPL] Web Cam/Radio Studios

Eric Jackson eric-jackson at comcast.net
Mon Aug 2 09:12:50 EDT 2004

> Jae...why would anybody want a web cam in their studio as they did their
> show? Maybe an interview of some famous or current musician....but I
> think not.
> Not to leave the impression that I'm adverse to the advancement of
> technology,
> but this is radio. Let's leave it that way.
> Just my opinion.
> Ron Gill
> Jazz   Gallery
> WGBH 89.7 FM
> Boston, MA

As Ron mentioned we don't have a webcam at WGBH and I certainly hope we
don't get one.

WGBH operates several TV stations. One of the stations used to broaadcast
mostly children's educational programming during the day. Somebody got the
bright idea to mount a camera in the studio. It was only on during the
morning classical music program. The announcer hated it! All the other
announcers felt relieved that they weren't included in the tv broadcast
day!

Eric Jackson
WGBH 89.7 Boston
Mon -Thurs 7 PM - Mid.