[JPL] Web Cam/Radio Studios

Gig.Brown at ccmail.nevada.edu Gig.Brown at ccmail.nevada.edu
Mon Aug 2 11:59:01 EDT 2004

If a webcam increases traffic to your web site and listeners to your
station why not.  With stations that stream there should be no financial
obstacle.  If our objective is to bring our quality programming to as many
listeners ( potential members) as possible without compromising our mission
then why not?
I'd like to know if the stations that have had success with the webcams can
determine if they have translated into increased listnership or membership.
And, contrary to popular belief, video did not kill the radio star.

Gig Brown, Program Director
KUNV 91.5
University of Nevada Las Vegas
4505 South Maryland Pkwy
Las Vegas, Nevada 89154-9900
Office: (702) 798-9115
Fax: (702) 736-0983
Gig.Brown at ccmail.nevada.edu
http://kunv.unlv.edu

                      RGill7344 at aol.com
                      Sent by:                       To:      jazzproglist at jazzweek.com
                      jazzproglist-bounces at j         cc:
                      azzweek.com                    Subject: Re: [JPL] Web Cam/Radio Studios

                      07/30/2004 10:28 AM
                      Please respond to
                      jazzproglist

provided by Yellow Dog Communications, Inc.
For more information visit us at  http://jpl.yellowdog.com
To become a sponsor contact Tony Gasparre
at tony at yellowdog.com or 585-235-4685.

Jae...why would anybody want a web cam in their studio as they did their
show? Maybe an interview of some famous or current musician....but I think
not.
Not to leave the impression that I'm adverse to the advancement of
technology,
but this is radio. Let's leave it that way.
Just my opinion.
Ron Gill
Jazz   Gallery
WGBH 89.7 FM
Boston, MA
This week's sponsor is : The JazzWeek Shop!

Shop at the JazzWeek Shop for jazz books, music, videos and JazzWeek
clothing.  All purchases help support JazzWeek, musicians and authors. You
can also subscribe to weekly e-mail newsletters from JazzWeek with links to
buy the top CDs most heard Jazz and Smooth Jazz Radio.

We have NEW JazzWeek gear.  Show your support by wearing JazzWeek.   Hats,
shirts and jerseys are marked down for a limited time.  Speaking of
limited; we have special new color shirts, a value priced t-shirt,
something for your baby and your pooch!

Go to : http://www.jazzweek.com/shop