[JPL] Web Cam/Radio Studios

Leslie Stewart deejaygrrl at juno.com
Mon Aug 2 17:32:39 EDT 2004

As a female who hosted a late-night jazz show for a decade, I can assure you that even without benefit of a web cam, I was subject to a regular variety of harassment via phone (my stock answer:  "Sorry, sir, I only take MUSICAL requests"), and survived a couple of flesh and blood stalkers.  I see this as much of a safety issue as one of anonymity.

Besides, let's face it, most folks would find watching our day to day studio activities to be about as exciting as watching paint dry.

Although we have a virtual tour of our studios online at http://www.prp.org, the only active webcam we use at the Public Radio Partnership is in our performance studio, where we have weekly lunchtim concerts on both our A-3/jazz and classical stations.

Just my two cents,

Leslie

ear X-tacy Records Promotion Director
1534 Bardstown Road
Louisville, KY  40205
(502) 452-1799 store
(502) 451-7569 direct
http://www.earx-tacy.com

-- RGill7344 at aol.com wrote:
provided by Yellow Dog Communications, Inc.
For more information visit us at  http://jpl.yellowdog.com
To become a sponsor contact Tony Gasparre
at tony at yellowdog.com or 585-235-4685.

Jae...why would anybody want a web cam in their studio as they did their
show? Maybe an interview of some famous or current musician....but I think not.
Not to leave the impression that I'm adverse to the advancement of technology,
but this is radio. Let's leave it that way.
Just my opinion.
Ron Gill
Jazz   Gallery
WGBH 89.7 FM
Boston, MA
This week's sponsor is : The JazzWeek Shop!

Shop at the JazzWeek Shop for jazz books, music, videos and JazzWeek clothing.  All purchases help support JazzWeek, musicians and authors. You can also subscribe to weekly e-mail newsletters from JazzWeek with links to buy the top CDs most heard Jazz and Smooth Jazz Radio.

We have NEW JazzWeek gear.  Show your support by wearing JazzWeek.   Hats, shirts and jerseys are marked down for a limited time.  Speaking of limited; we have special new color shirts, a value priced t-shirt, something for your baby and your pooch!

Go to : http://www.jazzweek.com/shop