[JPL] WCLV Jazz Playlist for 8/8

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Thu Aug 5 14:11:23 EDT 2004

Here’s what will air on this weekend’s edition of Jazz All Night on WCLV in
Cleveland:

Performer                      Music                  Recording Title
Label
12:00MID
Count Basie Band         Cottontail         Count Plays Duke
MAMA
Carla Bley                 Red            The Lost Chords               Watt
Maria Schneider           Danca Ilusoria            Concert in the Garden
Artist Share
Phil Woods-Herbie Mann     Another Shade of Blues     Beyond Brooklyn
Manchester
Herbie Mann              Blue in Green          Peace Pieces
Kokopelli
Phil Woods-Johnny Griffin      Hand in Glove     The Rev and I     Blue Note
Scott Hamilton-Harry Allen    Groovin’ High    Heavy Juice     Concord
Benny Golson            Cherry                Terminal 1             Concord

1:00AM
Carla Bley           Hip Hop          The Lost Chords               Watt
Carla Bley         Sidewinders in Paradise            4x4            Watt
Aaron Choulai               Twenty-One              Place
Sunnyside
Sean Jones            The Serpent           Eternal Journey         Mack
Avenue
Benny Green-Russell Malone      Wheatland          Bluebird           Telarc
Rodney Whitaker           Avocado          Winter Moon          Sirocco

2:00AM
Carla Bley            Tropical Depression        The Lost Chords      Watt
Carla Bley-Steve Swallow      Satie for Two    Are We There Yet?      Watt
Kirk Lightsey-Rufus Reid      Speak No Evil     The Nights of Bradley’s
Sunnyside
Denny Zeitlin                 ESP           Slick Rock              MaxJazz
Wayne Shorter        Down in the Depths        Introducing Wayne Shorter
Koch
Wayne Shorter       Face of the Deep      The All-Seeing Eye        Blue
Note
Wayne Shorter       Atlantis          Footprints Live!            Verve

3:00AM
Carla Bley      Three Blind Mice            The Lost Chords        Watt
Steve Swallow             Fred and Ethel             Carla
Watt
Marilyn Crispell       So Far, So Near      Storyteller                 ECM
Jean-Pierre Mas          Salambo            (H)ombre           Sunnyside
Joe Bonner        Primal Scream           New Beginnings            Evidence
Chris Potter          Okinawa                Lift
Sunnyside

4:00AM
Carla Bley          The Lost Chords                (same)
Watt
John Scofield          Wee             En Route                    Verve
John Abercrombie          Dansir          Class Trip          ECM
Fred Anderson      Job Market Blues     Back at the Velvet Lounge  Delmark
Von Freeman      Disorder at the Border        The Great Divide
Premonition

5:00AM
Carla Bley        Hip Hop               The Lost Chords              Watt
Carla Bley        Blues in 12 Bars         4x4
Watt
Maria Schneider     Concert in the Garden    (same)          Artist Share
Ernie Krivda       I’m Late, I’m Late      Focus on Stan Getz       Cadence
Ernie Krivda      Frankie’s on the Floor    Music of Ernie Krivda
Cadence
Jack Schantz       Joshua Fit the Battle of Jericho   I Love to Tell the
Story   Federated

John Simna
jsimna at wclv.com <mailto:jsimna at wclv.com>

WCLV