[JPL] JzFmS4 play list WGBH Boston 8/6/04

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Aug 7 09:13:06 EDT 2004

JAZZ  FROM STUDIO FOUR
Friday, Aug 6, 7pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7
About this broadcast

ABBEY LINCOLN born on this day AUGUST 6, 1930
NEWPORT JAZZ FESTIVAL PREVIEW
FALL FUNDRAISING

7:00pm
THEME:
Horace Parlan Quintet: Wadin', Speakin My Piece (Blue Note)

7:05pm
Abbey Lincoln/Hank Jones: The Nearness of You, When There is Love (Verve)
Abbey Lincoln: You Gotta Pay The Band, You Gotta Pay The Band (Verve)

7:24pm
Kenny Barron: Warm Valley, Live at The DeCordova Museum
(WGBH Recording Not Commercially Available)
Kenny Barron: Jasmine Flower, Images (Sunnyside)

7:46pm
Bobby Watson: Permanoon, Horizon Reassembled (Palmetto)
Ron Carter: On And On, The Golden Striker (Blue Note)

8:01pm
Abbey Lincoln: Strong Man, That's Him! (Riverside)
Abbey Lincoln: The World is Falling Down, The World is Falling Down (Verve)

8:22pm
Gary Burton: Gorgeous, Generations (Concord)

8:37pm
Mingus Big Band: Nostagia In Times Square,
The Essential Mingus Big Band (Dreyfus)
James Moody: We All Love Moody, Homage (Savoy)

9:00pm
Regina Carter: For Someone I Love, Motor City Moments (Verve)
Regina Carter: Oh, Lady Be Good, Rhythms of The Heart (Verve)
Regina Carter: Reverie, Paganini:After A Dream (Verve)

9:26pm
Abbey Lincoln / Eric Dolphy: T'Aint Nobody's Bizness,
Eric Dolphy: Candid Dolphy (Candid)
Abbey Lincoln: They Call it Jazz, It's Me (Verve)

9:47pm
Joe Lovano / Hank Jones: I'm All For You, I'm All For You (Blue Note)

10:06pm
Cedar Walton & Eastern Rebellion: In The Kitchen, Live at The RegattaBar
(WGBH Recording Not Commercially Available)
Nicholas Payton: L'il Duke's Strut, Payton's Place (Verve)

10:30pm
McCoy Tyner: Alone Together, Illumination (Telarc)
Lee Konitz: I Remember You, Motion (Verve)

10:50pm
The BeBop Guitars: Freddie Freeloader, Live From Studio One
(WGBH Recording Not Commercially Available)

11:00pm
Abbey Lincoln: Straight Ahead; Blue Monk; Left Alone, Straight Ahead
(Candid)

11:24pm
Abbey Lincoln: Throw It Away; Caged Bird, Painted Lady (ITM Music)

11:38pm
Abbey Lincoln: A Turtle's Dream, A Turtle's dream (Verve)
Abbey Lincoln: Who Used To Dance, Who Used To Dance (Verve)

11:55pm
Abbey Lincoln: The Music is The Magic, Devil's Got Your Tongue (Verve)

END