[JPL] Playlist: Sound of Surprise 8-8-04

Larry Appelbaum jumpmonk at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 9 01:25:05 EDT 2004

Sound of Surprise
Sundays 5-7 pm.
WPFW-FM
Washington D.C.

Benny Carter Birthday
1) Benny Carter-Round Midnight (The Urbane Sessions)
2) Benny Carter-Street Scene (Cosmopolite)
3) Benny Carter & Phil Woods-Rock Me To Sleep (Another Time, Another Place)

Songs by Victor Young
4) Sonny Rollins-Love Letters (St. Thomas)
5) Shirley Horn-Beautiful Love (You Won't Forget Me)
6) Cannonball Adderley-You're A Weaver of Dreams (Quintet in Chicago)
7) Tony Bennett-Stella By Starlight (Jazz)
8) Gene Ammons-My Foolish Heart (Red Top)

9) Jake Langley-Cheesecake (Diggin' In)
10) Phil Dwyer/Rodney Whittaker/Alan Jones-I Can't Believe That You're In
Love With Me (Let Me Tell You...)
11) Tuck & Patti-Hold Me Tight And Don't Let Go (A Gift of Love)
12) Maria Schneider-Concert In The Garden (Concert In The Garden)
13) John McNeil-Escape From Beigeland (Sleep Won't Come)
14) David Sanchez-Coral (Coral)
15) Shelly Manne-Hava Nagila (Steps To The Desert)
16) Thelonious Monk-Rhythm A Ning (Monk 'Round The World)
17) George Adams-Going Home (Nightingale)
Larry Appelbaum
jumpmonk at hotmail.com