[JPL] THE NEXT JAZZ AMERICA ON VOA

RUSSELL DAVIS davispro at mindspring.com
Mon Aug 9 09:07:23 EDT 2004

Following is the log for the next JAZZ AMERICA program from the Voice of
America, now heard by more listeners than ever before!

JAZZ AMERICA is now heard not only on the entertainment service MusicMix,
but also on the worldwide VOA service via shortwave transmission.

The show is two hours long and reaches a potential audience of 94 million
listeners worldwide each weekend.  Visit the Voice of America website @
www.voamusicmix.net to get more information including when it is webcast in
your timezone as well as when and how to hear it via shortwave.

AlsoŠplease take note of the email address for the show.  For any comments
or inquires you can reach me at jazz-america at voa.gov.

Russ Davis

davis programs
163 third avenue/p.m.b. # 259
new york,ny 10003
email...jazz-america at voa.gov

JAZZ AMERICAŠ SHOW #531Š14-15 AUGUST, 2004
Best of the 2003 Ford Detroit Jazz Festival
ED LOVE INTRO
EUGENE MASLOV-to my teacher/to my friend
RUSSELL MALONE & BENNY GREEN-it¹s alright by me
PETER CINCOTTI-sway
PETER CINCOTTI-after you¹re gone
NNENNA FREELON-body and soul
ILONA KNOPPLER-breaking up is hard to do
RUSSELL GUNN-summertime

JAZZ AMERICAŠ SHOW #531Š14-15 AUGUST, 2004
Best of the 2003 Ford Detroit Jazz Festival
ED LOVE INTRO
HIROMI-summer rain
TERRY GIBBS, JOEY DEFRANCESCO
& DAVID ³FATHEAD² NEWMAN-hey-ba-ba-re-bop
TERRY GIBBS, JOEY DEFRANCESCO
& DAVID ³FATHEAD² NEWMAN-what¹s new
JACKIE ALLEN-Spain
ED CHERRY-instrumental
FREDDIE COLE-watching you watching me
MARION HAYDEN-Let¹s wait a minute
CHAKA KHAN-Œtil you come back to me
DONALD WALDEN-instrumental

SHOW #533-534Š21-22 AUGUST, 2004
Featured artists: THE BAD PLUS
NEW CD: ³Give²
Plus music from BRAD MEHLDAU & BILL EVANS