[JPL] This Weekend: SIRIUS at Newport!

Abramovitz Matt mabramovitz at siriusradio.com
Tue Aug 10 14:34:57 EDT 2004

SIRIUS brings you the 2004 JVC Jazz Festival from Newport!
Saturday, August 14 & Sunday, August 15
12 noon - 9 p.m. ET

This summer marks the 50th anniversary of America's best-loved summer jazz festival and SIRIUS will take you there! We'll broadcast direct from the JVC Jazz Festival <http://www.festivalproductions.net/newport50th.htm> at Newport, Rhode Island with two days of exclusive coverage. Hear the performances from Fort Adams State Park and experience why Newport has become synonymous with great jazz.

Our broadcast starts each day at 12 noon ET with a special pre-show featuring festival founder George Wein.  You'll hear him reminisce about his 50 years producing the festival and the stories behind some of the classic recordings from Newport.

Starting at 3 p.m. ET, we go to the three Newport stages for live jazz from artists like Dave Brubeck, Dianne Reeves, Bill Cosby, Peter Cincotti, Regina Carter, Jamie Cullum and many more.

Full press release attached below.  For more information go to: <http://www.sirius.com/>.

 <<SIRIUS at Newport Jazz Festival.doc>>