[JPL] Fwd: A question on a Jazz Vocalist

Eric Jackson eric-jackson at comcast.net
Wed Aug 11 12:25:09 EDT 2004

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 23:28:12 -0700, Jim Wilke <jwilke123 at comcast.net>
wrote:

> Don't you just love it when you get a challenging question like this?
>
> (No kiddin' - name of writer withheld)
>
> Jim Wilke
> Jazz After Hours, PRI
> www.jazzafterhours.org
>

> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: name withheld
>> Date: Tue Aug 10, 2004  10:25:14  PM US/Pacific
>> To: jim at jazzafterhours.org, goinglite at hotmail.com
>> Subject: A question on a Jazz Vocalist
>>
>> One night you had a female Jazz vocalist singing "Summertime".
>>
>> I didn't catch her name, but Im very interested in buying her CD.
>>
>> Do you remember her name, or could you give me a list of female
>> vocalists that sang "Summertime"  on your nightly program?

Hi Jim,

If you don't have your playlist in a form you can search you night want to
try the ascap or the bmi website. You can enter a songtitle and it will
give you a list of who has performed it. I would imagine that Summertime
has been performed a lot but maybe those sites can be of some help.

Eric Jackson
WGBH Boston 89.7 FM
Mon - Thurs. 7 PM - Mid.
www.wgbh.org