[JPL] WCLV Jazz Playlist for 8/15

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Thu Aug 12 11:59:18 EDT 2004

Here’s what will air this weekend on Jazz All Night on WCLV in Cleveland:

Performer                      Music                  Recording Title
Label
12:00MID
Jack Schantz          Doxology             I Love to Tell the Story
Federated
MyCoy Tyner          Illuminations               (same)
Telarc
Geoffrey Keezer      Falling Up                    (same)
MaxJazz
Geoffrey Keezer-Kenny Barron    Favors      Sublime
Telarc
Kenny Barron          Footprints                Images
Sunnyside
Scott Hamilton-Harry Allen    Groovin’ High    Heavy Juice          Concord
Red Holloway-Frank Wess   Still Groovin’       Coast to Coast
Milestone
Bobby Forrester      Smooth Sailing           Organic Chemistry
Lollipop

1:00AM
Giacomo Gates        Milestones           Centerpiece
Origin
Al Jarreau             Groovin’ High       Accentuate the Positive
Verve
Larry Vukovich-Jon Hendricks   Last Train from Overbrook   Reunion
Tetrachord
Roseanna Vitro            Song of the Jet       Tropical Postcards
A Records
Luciana Souza            Poetry                   Neruda
Sunnyside
Bebo and Cigala           Lagrimas Negras          (same)
Calle 54
Jane Bunnett               Epistrophy            Spirits of Havana
Pimienta
Jackie Warren             Blue Monk                 Near You
JW

2:00AM
Rob van Kreeveld       Little Susan              Rob van Kreeveld
Radio Nederland
Ray Bryant                  Little Susie              North of the Border
Label M
Ron Davis              Blues for Suze               Mungle Music
Davis
Sala Brothers            Soul Steps                   Out of the Blue
Blu Jazz
Arni Egilsson      Des Flueves Impassibles    The Foreign Legion    Japis
Antonio Hart       A Harmonic Future            All We Need
Downtown Sound
Tineke Postma          Moody Voyage            First Avenue
Munich Records

3:00AM
Fred Hersch         Marshall’s Plan       Fred Hersch Trio + 2
Palmetto
David Becker             All Blues           Where’s Henning?
Paras
Sunny Jain              Blu Vindaloo              Mango Festival
Zoho
Ben Allison             Mauritania                Buzz
Palmetto
Agog-Zapp         y=6 afr8 of 7?              Meltdown
Radio Nederland
Joe Maneri           Number 2             Angles of Repose
ECM
Active Ingredients     Modern Mythology          Titration
Delmark

4:00AM
Orquestra Popular de Camara    Gaucho     Orquestra Popular
Adventure Music
David Sanchez      Cancion del Canaveral             Coral
Columbia
Miguel Zenon           Ceremonial                           (same)
Marsalis Music
Lockjaw Davis      Guanco Lament            Ritmo Afro-Cubano
Fantasy
Jerry Gonzalez      Obsesion              Y Los Piratas del Flamenco
Sunnyside
Mike Marshall        Receita de Samba               and Choro Famoso
Adventure Music
Joao Gilberto          Wave                                   In Tokyo
Verve

5:00AM
(Phil Woods)-Herbie Mann           Jelek         Beyond Brooklyn
Manchester
Herbie Mann             Jelek                              Sona Terra
Herbie Mann
Roseanna Vitro-Joe Lovano   In Search of My Heart  Tropical Postcards   A
Records
Joe Lovano            I Waited for You        I’m All for You
Blue Note
Irene Kral       I Fall in Love Too Easily      Just for Now
Jazzed Media
Ernie Krivda          El Grande Amor          Focus on Stan Getz
Cadence
James Silberstein            Aquas            Song for Micaela
CAP

John Simna
jsimna at wclv.com <mailto:jsimna at wclv.com>

WCLV