[JPL] Fwd: A question on a Jazz Vocalist

Jassgirl at aol.com Jassgirl at aol.com
Thu Aug 12 21:18:48 EDT 2004

Hey, this is Dot Wilder, of "Dot Wilder, Live from the Warehouse",  1999, and
I did "Summertime" on my cd. Maybe I'm not the one they're  talking about,
but I know that Jim Wilke has played my cd maybe once or twice.  My "Summertime"
had a latin jazz feel to it.

Anyway, just thought I'd mention it.
Sincerely yours,
Dot Wilder
_www.dotwilderjazz.com_ (http://www.dotwilderjazz.com)
_jassgirl at aol.com_ (mailto:jassgirl at aol.com)
904-608-7472
1417 Baylor Lane
Jacksonville, Florida 32217
Some one-minute sound bytes of five of my songs on my cd (including,
Summertime) can be heard on the Amazon.com website.

In a message dated 8/11/2004 7:35:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
eric-jackson at comcast.net writes:

On Tue, 10 Aug  2004 23:28:12 -0700, Jim Wilke <jwilke123 at comcast.net>
wrote:

> Don't you just love it when you get a challenging  question like this?
>
> (No kiddin' - name of writer  withheld)
>
> Jim Wilke
> Jazz After Hours, PRI
>  www.jazzafterhours.org
>

> Begin forwarded  message:
>
>> From: name withheld
>> Date: Tue Aug 10,  2004  10:25:14  PM US/Pacific
>> To:  jim at jazzafterhours.org, goinglite at hotmail.com
>> Subject: A question  on a Jazz Vocalist
>>
>> One night you had a female Jazz  vocalist singing "Summertime".
>>
>> I didn't catch  her name, but Im very interested in buying her CD.
>>
>> Do you remember her name, or could you give me a list of  female
>> vocalists that sang "Summertime"  on your  nightly program?

Hi Jim,

If you don't have  your playlist in a form you can search you night want to
try the  ascap or the bmi website. You can enter a songtitle and it will
give  you a list of who has performed it. I would imagine that Summertime
has been performed a lot but maybe those sites can be of some  help.

Eric Jackson
WGBH Boston 89.7 FM
Mon - Thurs. 7 PM -  Mid.
www.wgbh.org