[JPL] Fwd: A question on a Jazz Vocalist

ZENZALAI at aol.com ZENZALAI at aol.com
Fri Aug 13 11:27:39 EDT 2004

In a message dated 8/12/2004 10:53:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jwilke123 at comcast.net writes:
Ooops, sorry, guess some of you didn't quite notice the tongue-in-cheek
nature of that posting about the listener inquiry about "Summertime".

Several people wrote me off list who were amused by the listener's email.
Yes, I am aware of "several" singers who sang "Summertime".  To further explain,
I pointed out to the listener 2 reasons why it was difficult to provide a
definitive answer to his question.

1.  According to allmusic.com there are 2,155 recordings of "Summertime",
more than a few of which I've played on Jazz After Hours.

Hmmm, love that.  It was a funny, kinda tongue-in-cheek response.  Reminds me
of a singer joke I've heard and get a big laugh from.  I can, as a singer,
make jokes on singers (hopefully -- wouldn't want to offend anyone out there).
How many singers does it take to sing Misty?  "Apparently all of them." ....

Wow!   2,155 recordings of Summertime (including mine).  Must check that
allmusic.com before I decide to sing standards on any future recordings   :-)

Lenora Zenzalai Helm

Check out http://www.lenorazenzalaihelm.com/