[JPL] WGBH Boston JzFmS4 Play List 8/13

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Aug 14 08:37:51 EDT 2004

Jazz from Studio four
Friday, Aug 13, 7pm midnight WGBH 89.7 Boston

About this broadcast
REMEMBERING EDDIE COSTA (b. 8/14/30)
FUNDRAISING/PLEDGE

7:00pm
THEME: Horace Parlan: Wadin, Speakin My Piece (Blue Note)

7:05pm
Thelonious Monk: Sweet And Lovely, Mulligan Meets Monk (Riverside)
George Shearing: When Lights Are Low, Like Fine Wine (Mack Avenue)

7:25pm
Eddie Costa: Get Happy, Eddie Costa Trio (Fresh Sounds)
Eddie Costa: Blues Plus Eight, Quintet (Mode/VSOP)
Eddie Costa: When I Fall In Love, House of Blue Lights (Dot Records)

7:50pm
Ben Webster: Chelsea Bridge, Happy Birthday Newport (Columbia)
Dinah Washington: Back Water Blues, Happy Birthday Newport (Columbia)
Mark Murphy: My Ship, Bop For Miles (HighNote)

8:09pm
TheBeBop Guitars: Freddie Freeloader, Live From Studio One
(WGBH Recording Not Commercially available)
Mark Greel: Stardust, Live From Studio One
(WGBH Recording Not Commercially Available)
Illinois Jacquet: Jumpin at The Woodsisde, Live At Lulu White's
(WGBH Recording Not Commercially Available)

8:34pm
Eddie Costa: Guys And Dolls, Guys And Dolls Love Vibes (Verve)
Gigi Gryce: Caravan, Reminicin' (Mercury)
Eddie Costa: Sweet And Lovely, Eddie Costa Trio (Fresh Sounds)

8:56pm
Joe Lovano: Early Autumn, I'm All For You (Blue Note)
Kenny Barron: Footprints, Images (Sunnyside)

9:18pm
Frank Morgan: Georgia On My mind, City night (HighNote)
Vincent Herring: You Leave Me Breathless, Mr Wizard (HighNote)

9:37pm
Roseanna Vitro: In Search of My Heart, Tropical Postcards (A Records)
McCoy Tyner: Angelina, Illuminations (Telarc)

10:06pm
Maria Schneider: Pas de Deux, Concert in The Garden (Maria Schneider Music)

10:25pm
Curtis Brothers: Sunday Morning, Live from Studio One
(WGBH Recording Not Commercially Available)
Art Farmer: Sad To Say, Live At The DeCordova Museum
(WGBH Recording Not Commercially Available)
Daniel Ian Smith: Blues in B Flat, Live from Studio One
(WGBH Recording Not Commercially Available)

10:45pm
Bobby Watson: Permanoon, Horizon Reassembled (Palmetto)
John Stetch: Evidence, Exponentially Monk (Justin Time)

11:01pm
Eddie Costa: House of Blue Lights, House of Blue Lights (Dot)
Hal McKusick: Con Alma, Bird Feathers (Prestige)
11:22pm
Tal Farlow: All The Things You Are, 1956 Private Recordings (Definitive
Records)
11:33pm
Bobby Jaspar: Flute Bass Blues, Flute Flight (Prestige)
Betty Roche: Time After Time, Take The "A" Train (Bethleham)
Eddie Costa: Pile Driver, Eddie Costa Trio (Fresh Sounds)
11:50pm
Eddie Costa: What's To Ya, House of Blue Lights (Dot Records)

END