[JPL] Playlist: Sound of Surprise 8-15-04

Larry Appelbaum jumpmonk at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 16 01:00:22 EDT 2004

Sound of Surprise
WPFW-FM
Washington D.C.
Sundays 5-7 pm.

1) Carla Bley-The Maze, Blind Mice Redux (The Lost Chords)
2) Roseanna Vitro-Song of the Jet (Tropical Postcards)
3) Giacomo Gates-I Told You I Love Your Now Get Out (Centerpiece)
4) Tony Mottola-Coquette (Swing To Bop Guitar)
5) Clifford Brown-Laura (Clifford Brown With Strings)
6) Edward Ratliff-Barcelona-band version (Barcelona In 48 Hours)
7) Jamie Baum-Spring Rounds (Moving Forward, Standing Still)

Oscar Peterson Birthday Celebration
8) Oscar Peterson-Fine & Dandy (The Will To Swing)
9) Oscar Peterson-John Hardy's Wife (Plays Duke Ellington)
10) Oscar Peterson-Fascinating Rhythm (Plays George Gershwin)
11) Oscar Peterson-C Jam Blues (Night Train)
12) Oscar Peterson w/Milt Jackson-John Brown's Body (Very Tall)
13) Oscar Peterson-Exactly Like You (Hello Herbie)
14) Oscar Peterson-I'm Old Fashioned (Another Day)
15) Oscar Peterson-Who Can I Turn To (My Favorite Instrument)
16) Oscar Peterson and Count Basie-Burning (Satch and Josh)
17) Oscar Peterson-Peace (Return To Happiness)

18) Irene Kral-Where Is Love (Just For Now)
19) Thad Jones/Mel Lewis Orch-Jive Samba (Central Park North)
20) George Adams-Going Home (Nightingale)
Larry Appelbaum
jumpmonk at hotmail.com