[JPL] WCLV Jazz Playlist for 8/22

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Thu Aug 19 11:50:39 EDT 2004

Here’s what will be airing on WCLV’s Jazz All Night this weekend in
Cleveland:

Performer                      Music                  Recording Title
Label
12:00MID (Detroit Jazz Fest Hour 1)
Eugene Maslov          To My Teacher/To My Friend
Benny Green              It’s All Right With Me
Peter Cincotti             Sway
Peter Cincotti             (Erroll Garner piece)
Nnenna Freelon          Body and Soul
Ilona Knopfler            Breaking Up is Hard to Do
Russell Gunn              Summertime

1:00AM (Detroit Jazz Fest Hour 2)
Hiromi                        Summer Rain
Terry Gibbs                Hey Babarebop
Terry Gibbs                What’s New
Jackie Allen                Spain
Ed Cherry                    (unidentified)
Freddy Cole                Watching You Watching Me
Marion Hayden            Four Bass Pita
.
Chaka Khan                Until You Come Back to Me
Donald Walden           (unidentified)

2:00AM
Joe Lovano              Early Autumn                 I’m All for You
Blue Note
Ernie Krivda            Night Rider; Pan            Focus on Stan Getz
Cadence
David Sanchez         Eu Sei que Vou Te Amar          Coral
Columbia
Steve Kuhn              Trance                      Promises Kept
ECM
Stefano di Battista      Amoroso                     Round About Roma
Blue Note
Joe Locke                 Wind in Your Willow         Dear Life
Sirocco

3:00AM
Pat Martino            The Phineas Trane                   Think Tank
Blue Note
Yoron Israel            Basic Traneing                        (same)
Ronja
Glauco Sagebin       When Baden Meets Trane       (same)
Blue Toucan
Kitty Margolis        My Favorite Things      Heart and Soul
Mad-Kat
John Coltrane          Straight Street                   OJC Sampler
Prestige
John Coltrane          Resolution                             A Love Supreme
Impulse
Joe Maneri              Number Two                     Angles of Repose
ECM
Tony Scott              Everything Happens to Me    Homage to Lady Day
Philology

4:00AM
Ximo Tebar         You Don’t Know What Love Is     The Champs
oMix/Sunnyside
Joey DeFrancesco           What’s New?               Plays Sinatra
High Note
Roger Smith              Preface to Insanity            Rosco’s Place
A-Train
Don Braden               Through the Fire               The New Hang
Nigh Note
Wesla Whitfield            My Ship                        September Songs
High Note
Michael Hashim            Tango Ballad                Green Up Time
Hep Jazz
Maria Schneider            Choro Dancado             Concert in the Garden
Artist Share

5:00AM
Carla Bley              Red                         The Lost Chords
Watt
Joey Calderazzo       My One and Only Love        Haiku
Marsalis Music
Von Freeman          Be My Love            The Great Divide
Premonition
Tony Scott             Sophisticated Lady                 Tony Scott
Verve
Dave Schnitter               For All We Know             Sketch
oMix/Sunnyside
Erin Bode      I’ve Never Been in Love Before      Don’t Take Your Time
MaxJazz
Chris McNulty       I Remember You                  (same)
MopTop
James Silberstein             Nica’s Dream        Song for Micaela
CAP
Scott Hamilton-Harry Allen             Ow!         Heavy Juice
Concord

John Simna
jsimna at wclv.com <mailto:jsimna at wclv.com>

WCLV