[JPL] THE NEXT JAZZ AMERICA ON VOA

RUSSELL DAVIS davispro at mindspring.com
Fri Aug 20 23:15:51 EDT 2004

Following is the log for the next JAZZ AMERICA program from the Voice of
America, now heard by more listeners than ever before!

JAZZ AMERICA is now heard not only on the entertainment service MusicMix,
but also on the worldwide VOA service via shortwave transmission.

The show is two hours long and reaches a potential audience of 94 million
listeners worldwide each weekend.  Visit the Voice of America website @
www.voamusicmix.net to get more information including when it is webcast in
your timezone as well as when and how to hear it via shortwave.

AlsoŠplease take note of the email address for the show.  For any comments
or inquires you can reach me at jazz-america at voa.gov.

Russ Davis

davis programs
163 third avenue/p.m.b. # 259
new york,ny 10003
email...jazz-america at voa.gov

JAZZ AMERICAŠ SHOW #533Š21-22 AUGUST, 2004
BILL EVANS-bill¹s hit tune (turn out the stars)
AL JARREAU-I¹m beginning to see the light (accentuate the positive)
*The Bad Plus Interview
THE BAD PLUS-dirty blonde (give)
BOBBY WATSON-gingerbread boy (horizon reassembled)
GEORGE BENSON-you can do it baby (nuyorican soul)
TONY BENNETT-my baby just cares for me (cloud 7)
*The Bad Plus Interview
THE BAD PLUS-1979 semi-finalist (give)
OSCAR PETERSON-pogo (Vancouver, 1958)
JOSHUA REDMAN-jazz crimes (elastic)

JAZZ AMERICAŠ SHOW #534Š21-22 AUGUST, 2004
BRAD MEHLDAU-skippy (anything goes)
TONY BENNETT-give me the simple life  (cloud 7)
*The Bad Plus Interview
THE BAD PLUS-frog and toad (give)
MARK ELF-bossa for eric a (glad to be back)
DAVID SANBORN-as we speak (as we speak)
AL JARREAU-groovin¹ high (accentuate the positive)
*The Bad Plus Interview
THE BAD PLUS- and here we test our powers of observation (give)
CHICK COREA-matrix (now he sings, now he sobs)
HUGH RAGIN-kamal¹s gift (revelation)

SHOW #535-536Š28-29 AUGUST, 2004
Featured artist: PATRICIA BARBER
NEW CD: ³A Fortnight In France²
Plus music from BUD POWELL & SIDNEY BECHET