[JPL] wtju jazz 8/26/04

David Eisenman davideisenman at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 23 09:55:34 EDT 2004

	WTJU 91.1FM, Charlottesville, VA
Community Supported, Non-profit Radio of The University of Virginia
	Jazz Spins w/e 08/26/04
	Jazz Music Director: David Eisenman
	Station Phone: 434-243-8833
	email: davideisenman at hotmail.com

Spins	Artist	Album	Label
	New Adds: NP new promotional; SA station acquired

NP	Charlie Haden	Land Of The Sun	Verve
NP	Miriam Makeba	Reflections	Heads Up
NP	Charlie Hunter	Friends Seen And Unseen	Ropeadope
NP	Johnny A.	Get Inside	Favored Nations
NP	Marilyn Crispell	Storyteller	ECM
NP	Carla Bley	The Lost Chords	ECM
NP	John Abercrombie	Class Trip	ECM
NP	Rosa Passos	Amorosa	Sony
NP	Maria Muldaur	Love Wants To Dance	Telarc
NP	Geri Allen	The Life Of A Song	Telarc
NP	Conference Call	Variations On A Master Plan	Leo Records
NP	John Stein	Interplay	Azica Records

5	David Murray	GWOTET	Justin Time
5	Melvin Sparks	It Is What It Is	Savant
4	Frank Morgan	City Nights	HighNote
4	Al Jarreau	Accentuate The Positive	Verve
4	Bobby Watson	Horizon Reassembled	Palmetto
4	Ben Allison	Buzz	Palmetto
4	Maria Schneider	Concert In The Garden	self produced
4	Von Freeman	The Great Divide	Premonition
4	Ximo Tebar	The Champs	Sunnyside
4	Giacomo Gates	Centerpiece	Origin
4	Courtney Pine	Devotion	Telarc
4	The Boulevard Big Band	Take Only For Pain	Sea Breeze
3	Jessica Williams	Live At Yoshi's Volume 1	MaxJazz
3	Buster Williams	Groit Liberte	HighNote
3	Freddy Cole	I'm Not My Brother, I'm Me	HighNote
3	Charles Earland	The Mighty Burner	HighNote
3	Terri Lyne Carrington & others	Structure	ACT
3	Benny Golson	Terminal 1	Concord
3	Mulgrew Miller	Live At Yoshi's Volume 1	MaxJazz
3	McCoy Tyner	Illuminations	Telarc
3	Duke Ellington	Blues In Orbit	Columbia
3	James Brown	Soul On Top	Verve
3	Herbie Mann & Phil Woods	Beyond Brooklyn	MCG
3	Spanish Harlem Orchestra	Across 110th Street	Libertad
3	David Sanchez	Coral	Columbia
3	Glauco Sagebin	When Baben Meets Trane	Blue Toucan
3	Denny Zeitlin	Slick Rock	MaxJazz
3	Roseanna Vitro	Tropical Postcards	A Records
3	Katie Melua	Call Off The Search	Dramatico
3	Harvey Mason	With All My Heart	Bluebird
3	Jackie Allen	Love Is Blue	A440
3	Bob Mintzer	Live At MCG	MCG
3	Bill O'Connell	Latin Jazz Fantasy	Random Chance
3	Antonio Hart	All We Need	Downtown Sound
3	Mark Elf	Glad To Be Back	Jen Bay
3	Bobby Forrester	Organic Chemistry	Lollypop
3	Chick Corea	To The Stars	Stretch
3	Jerry Gonzalez	Y Los PiratasDel Flamenco	Sunnyside
3	The Orquestra Popular De Camara	Orquestra Popular De Camara	Adventure
3	Moacir Santos	Ouro Negro (Black Gold)	Adventure
2	Groundtruther	Latitude	Thirsty Ear
2	Hugh Ragin	Revelation	Justin Time
2	Steve Swallow & Ohad Talmor	L'histoire du Clochard	Palmetto
2	Mark Murphy	Bop For Miles	HighNote
2	Chad Lawson	Unforeseen	Summit
2	Michel Petrucciani	So What	Dreyfus
2	Sonido Isleno	Blue Tres	Tresero
2	Chris Potter	Live At The Village Vanguard	Sunnyside
2	Louis Armstrong	The Essential	Columbia
2	Steve Nelson	Fuller Nelson	Sunnyside
2	Erin Bobe	Don't Take Your Time	MaxJazz
2	Jazz Rosco	Rosco's Place	self produced
2	Tim Berne	Big Satan	Thirsty Ear
2	Fats Waller	The Centenial Collection	Bluebird
2	Robert Stewart	Heaven And Earth	Nagel Heyer
2	Scott Hamilton & Harry Allen	Heavy Juice	Concord
2	Irene Reid	Thanks To You	Savant
2	Jeff Marx	Treading Air Breathing Fire	Soluna
2	Marlena Shaw	Lookin' For Love	441
2	Jazz On The Latin Side All Stars	The Last Bullfighter	Saungu
2	Arlington Houston	Cool Casual	self produced
2	Bebel Gilberto	Bebel Gilberto	Six Degrees
2	Rondi Charleston	Love Is The Thing	LML
2	Terry Gibbs	52nd & Broadway	Mack Avenue
1	Cole Porter	 It's De Lovely	Bluebird
1	Duke Ellington	Piano In The Foreground	Columbia
1	Duke Ellington	Piano In The Background	Columbia
1	Boy Girl Band	Drop Your Leotards!	Synergy Music
1	Dave Schnitter	Sketch	Sunnyside
1	Billband	Blurred	Innova
1	Los Angeles Guitar Quartet	Guitar Heroes	Telarc
1	Jazzpana	The Mendoza/ Mardin Project	ACT
1	Willie "The Lion" Smith	Grand Piano	Sackville
1	Thomas Jones	You're The One For Me	K.E.S.
1	David Hardiman	It'll Be All Right	Evidence
1	Joe Bonner	New Beginnings	Evidence
1	Kirk Lightsey	The Nights Of Bradley's	Sunnyside
1	Quincy Jones & Bill Cosby	The Original Jam Sessions 1969	Concord
1	Benny Green & Russell Malone	Bluebird	Telarc
1	Spring Heel Jack	The Sweetness Of The Water	Thristy Ear
1	Mili Bermejo	A Time For Love	Ediciones Pentagrama
1	Vinicius Cantuaria	Horse & Fish	Bar None

David Eisenman
Jazz & Blues Director
WTJU FM
PO Box 400811