[JPL] WCLV Jazz Playlist for 8/29

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Wed Aug 25 16:19:14 EDT 2004

Here’s what will air on Jazz All Night this week on WCLV in Cleveland:

Performer                      Music                  Recording Title
Label
12:00MID
Count Basie              Kansas City Wrinkles          Li’l Ol’ Groovemaker
Verve
Von Freeman            Blue Pres               The Great Divide
Premonition
Count Basie       Going to Chicago        Essential Count Basie Vol. 1
Columbia
Count Basie       Live and Love Tonight
“                                         “
Scott Hamilton-Harry Allen       If Dreams Come True     Hevy Juice
Concord
Al Cohn-Zoot Sims          Blue Hodge            Body and Soul
32Jazz
Jackie Warren                Blue Monk                Near You
JW
Geoffrey Keezer             Falling Up                   (same)
MaxJazz
McCoy Tyner                New Orleans Stomp          Illuminations
Telar

1:00AM
Von Freeman              Be My Love            The Great Divide
Premonition
Von Freeman-Frank Catalano      Good Bait     You Talkin’ to Me?     Delmark
Continuum          Sid’s Ahead                Mad About Tadd
Quicksilver
George Lewis           High Society            Ice Cream
Delmark
Turk Murphy            Sidewalk Blues            Jazz Casual
Koch
Muggsy Spanier       At the Jazz Band Ball     Jazz Casual
Koch
Franz Jackson              Yellow Fire              50 Years of Jazz
Delamrk

2:00AM
Von Freeman             Disorder at the Border    The Great Divide
Premonition
Coleman Hawkins          Now’s the Time        Charlie Parker Memorial
Limelight
Kerry Strayer                 Yardbird Suite              Mentor
Kerry Strayer
Lonnie Plaxico            Along Came Benny         Live at Jazz Standard
441 Records
Benny Golson             Along Came Betty           One Day, Forever
Arkadia
Benny Golson              Sidewinder                      That’s Funky
Arkadia
Benny Golson              Terminal 1                          (same)
Concord

3:00AM
Von Freeman             Violets for Your Furs      The Great Divide
Premonition
George Freeman         Sugar                         At Long Last George
Savant
Kurt Elling                  Resolution                 Man in the Air
Blue Note
Mary Lou Williams     Praise the Lord      Black Christ of the Andes
Smithsonian
John Hicks                 Lord Have Mercy      Impressions of Mary Lou
High Note
Courtney Pine              Devotion                   (same)
Telarc
Charles Lloyd-BillyHiggins      My Lord, My Lord    Which Way is East?
ECM
Winard Harper         All Praise G-d             A Time for the Soul
Savant
Jack Schantz    Joshua Fit the Battle of Jericho   I Love to Tell the Story
Federated

4:00AM
Von Freeman              This is Always               The Great Divide
Premonition
Von Freeman              Ski-Wee                         The Improvisor
Premonition
David Sanchez           Cancion del Canaveral        Coral
Columbia
Julie Mahendran         Freddie Freeloader      Never Do Without You
Jazzbaby
Giacomo Gates           Milestones                    Centerpiece
Origin
Bobby Watson           Lemoncello             Horizon Reassembled
Palmetto

5:00AM
Von Freeman            Chant Time               The Great Divide
Premonition
Von Freeman             Do Nothin’ Till You Hear From Me
                                                                    Live at
the Dakota                 Premonition
Jessica Williams       In a Sentimental Mood
                                                         I Let a Song Go Out
of My Heart       Hep Jazz
Jessica Williams       Misterioso                Live at Yoshi’s
MaxJazz
Jessica Williams       Friday the Thirteenth        The Real Deal
Hep Jazz
Diane Delin-Dennis Luxion    My Melancholy Baby       Duality
Blu Jazz
Buddy DeFranco       Dancing in the Dark     Cookin’ the Books
Arbors
Warren Vache           Dream Dancing                  (same)
Arbors

John Simna
jsimna at wclv.com <mailto:jsimna at wclv.com>

WCLV