[JPL] Playlist 8/26/04

drbob456 at comcast.net drbob456 at comcast.net
Thu Aug 26 18:26:18 EDT 2004

This is very sad news. Prostate Ca almost always metastasizes to bone and having done so, is refractory to cure.There is palliative treatment in the from of a 15 minute infusion of zoledronic acid every 3 - 4 weeks. This is mainly for the pain associated with bone Ca and does not effect a cure. I wish Dan well in his battle against this debilitating disease.
Take home message: As prostate Ca is a  very slow growing process, ALL males past the age of 50 should have an annual digital rectal exam and a PSA (prostate specific antigen) blood test. If detected early, this disease is easily treated and beaten.
Bob Stockton
Modern Jazz Classics