[JPL] wtju jazz 9/2/04

David Eisenman davideisenman at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 30 10:23:31 EDT 2004

	WTJU 91.1FM, Charlottesville, VA
	Community Supported, Non-profit Radio of The University of Virginia
	Jazz Spins w/e 09/02/04
	Jazz Music Director: David Eisenman
	Station Phone: 434-243-8833
	email: davideisenman at hotmail.com

Spins	Artist	Album	Label
	New Adds: NP new promotional; SA station acquired

NP	Bill Frisell	Unspeakable	Nonesuch
NP	Keith Jarrett	The Out-Of-Towners	ECM
NP	Thelonious Monk	Monk 'Round The World	Hyena
NP	Saxophone Summit	Gathering Of Spirits	Telarc
NP	Michael Musillami	Spirits	Playscape
NP	Mario Pavone	Boom	Playscape
NP	Jean-Michel Pilc	Follow Me	Dreyfus
NP	Joey Calderazzo	Haiku	Marsalis
NP	Charles Earland	Funk Fantastique	Prestige
NP	Negroni's Trio	Piano/ Drums/ Bass	Universal
NP	Jay Geils/ Duke Robillard/ Gerry Beaudoin	New Guitar Summit	Stony Plains
NP	Jacob Young	Evening Falls	ECM

5	Charlie Hunter	Friends Seen And Unseen	Ropeadope
5	Courtney Pine	Devotion	Telarc
5	David Murray	GWOTET	Justin Time
4	Giacomo Gates	Centerpiece	Origin
4	Johnny A.	Get Inside	Favored Nations
4	Geri Allen	The Life Of A Song	Telarc
4	Melvin Sparks	It Is What It Is	Savant
4	Frank Morgan	City Nights	HighNote
4	Bobby Watson	Horizon Reassembled	Palmetto
4	Von Freeman	The Great Divide	Premonition
4	Ximo Tebar	The Champs	Sunnyside
3	Rosa Passos	Amorosa	Sony
3	Herbie Mann & Phil Woods	Beyond Brooklyn	MCG
3	Al Jarreau	Accentuate The Positive	Verve
3	Charlie Haden	Land Of The Sun	Verve
3	Miriam Makeba	Reflections	Heads Up
3	James Brown	Soul On Top	Verve
3	Carla Bley	The Lost Chords	ECM
3	John Abercrombie	Class Trip	ECM
3	Benny Golson	Terminal 1	Concord
3	Jessica Williams	Live At Yoshi's Volume 1	MaxJazz
3	Buster Williams	Groit Liberte	HighNote
3	Freddy Cole	I'm Not My Brother, I'm Me	HighNote
3	Terri Lyne Carrington & others	Structure	ACT
3	Mulgrew Miller	Live At Yoshi's Volume 1	MaxJazz
3	McCoy Tyner	Illuminations	Telarc
3	Duke Ellington	Blues In Orbit	Columbia
3	Spanish Harlem Orchestra	Across 110th Street	Libertad
3	David Sanchez	Coral	Columbia
3	Glauco Sagebin	When Baben Meets Trane	Blue Toucan
3	Denny Zeitlin	Slick Rock	MaxJazz
3	Bob Mintzer	Live At MCG	MCG
3	Bill O'Connell	Latin Jazz Fantasy	Random Chance
3	Antonio Hart	All We Need	Downtown Sound
3	Mark Elf	Glad To Be Back	Jen Bay
3	Jerry Gonzalez	Y Los PiratasDel Flamenco	Sunnyside
3	The Orquestra Popular De Camara	Orquestra Popular De Camara	Adventure
2	Maria Schneider	Concert In The Garden	self produced
3	Moacir Santos	Ouro Negro (Black Gold)	Adventure
3	Hugh Ragin	Revelation	Justin Time
3	Steve Swallow & Ohad Talmor	L'histoire du Clochard	Palmetto
3	Groundtruther	Latitude	Thirsty Ear
2	Marilyn Crispell	Storyteller	ECM
2	Maria Muldaur	Love Wants To Dance	Telarc
2	Conference Call	Variations On A Master Plan	Leo Records
2	Bobby Forrester	Organic Chemistry	Lollypop
2	Chick Corea	To The Stars	Stretch
2	Mark Murphy	Bop For Miles	HighNote
2	Chad Lawson	Unforeseen	Summit
2	Michel Petrucciani	So What	Dreyfus
2	Sonido Isleno	Blue Tres	Tresero
2	Louis Armstrong	The Essential	Columbia
2	Steve Nelson	Fuller Nelson	Sunnyside
2	Jazz Rosco	Rosco's Place	self produced
2	Fats Waller	The Centenial Collection	Bluebird
2	Scott Hamilton & Harry Allen	Heavy Juice	Concord
2	Jeff Marx	Treading Air Breathing Fire	Soluna
2	Marlena Shaw	Lookin' For Love	441
2	Jazz On The Latin Side All Stars	The Last Bullfighter	Saungu
2	Arlington Houston	Cool Casual	self produced
2	Rondi Charleston	Love Is The Thing	LML
2	Charles Earland	The Mighty Burner	HighNote
1	Terry Gibbs	52nd & Broadway	Mack Avenue
1	John Stein	Interplay	Azica Records
1	Erin Bobe	Don't Take Your Time	MaxJazz
1	Tim Berne	Big Satan	Thirsty Ear
1	Robert Stewart	Heaven And Earth	Nagel Heyer
1	Irene Reid	Thanks To You	Savant
1	Bebel Gilberto	Bebel Gilberto	Six Degrees
1	Cole Porter	 It's De Lovely	Bluebird
1	Duke Ellington	Piano In The Foreground	Columbia
1	Duke Ellington	Piano In The Background	Columbia
1	Boy Girl Band	Drop Your Leotards!	Synergy Music
1	Dave Schnitter	Sketch	Sunnyside
1	Billband	Blurred	Innova
1	Willie "The Lion" Smith	Grand Piano	Sackville
1	Thomas Jones	You're The One For Me	K.E.S.
1	David Hardiman	It'll Be All Right	Evidence
1	Joe Bonner	New Beginnings	Evidence
1	Kirk Lightsey	The Nights Of Bradley's	Sunnyside
1	Quincy Jones & Bill Cosby	The Original Jam Sessions 1969	Concord
1	Benny Green & Russell Malone	Bluebird	Telarc

David Eisenman
Jazz & Blues Director
WTJU FM
PO Box 400811