[JPL] WEMU Aug. '04 Living Blues Report

Linda Yohn Linda.Yohn at emich.edu
Tue Aug 31 17:26:39 EDT 2004

Here are the 25 most-played new and reissued blues CDs on 89.1 in
August, 2004.  This list is ranked in most to least-played order
beginning with number 1.

1   Mavis Staples - Have A Little Faith - Alligator
2   Dr. John - Nawlinz: Dis, Dat Or D'Udda - Blue Note
3   Ronnie Earl - Now, My Soul - Stony Plain
4   Eddie Kirkland - Democrat Blues - Blue Suit
5   Bruce Katz Band - A Deeper Blue - Severn
6   James Brown - Soul On Top - Verve
7   Sharrie Williams - Hard Drivin' Woman - Cross Cut
8   Etta James - Blues To The Bone - RCA Victor
9   Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown - Timeless - Hightone
10  The Bo-Keys - The Royal Sessions - Yellow Dog
11  Bigfoot Bob & The Toe Tappers - That About Covers It -
bigfootbob.com
12  Derek Trucks Band - Live At Georgia Theatre - Columbia
13  Johnny Winter - I'm A Bluesman - EMI
14  Los Lobos - The Ride - Hollywood Records
15  Bobby Rush - Folk Funk - Deep Rush
16  Duke Robillard - Blue Mood: The Songs Of T-Bone Walker - Stony Plain
17  Sam Myers - Comin' From The Old School - Electro-Fi
18  W.C. Clark - Deep In The Heart - Alligator
19  Robert Johnson - King Of The Delta Blues, Volume Two - Columbia
Legacy
20  Various - We'll Play The Blues For You - Stax
21  Ron Levy's Wild Kingdom - After Midnight Grooves - Levtron
22  Charles Wilson - If Heartaches Were Nickels - Delmark
23  Vasti Jackson - No Borders To The Blues - VJM
24  Paul Oscher - Alone With The Blues - Electro-Fi
25  Guy Davis - Legacy - Red House

Linda

Linda.Yohn at emich.edu
WEMU Music Director