[JPL] Re: 2 plays

Blaise Lantana blaise.lantana at riomail.maricopa.edu
Tue Aug 31 19:21:59 EDT 2004

I haven't seen anything posted
from you all about the limit
of two tunes from one album
in an hour.

I believe this is a GM decision,
I've never heard of it before.

Often on a birthday like Miles or Herbie,
I'm playing more than two tunes from one album
within an hour.

I just featured Al Jarreau's CD last month
and played four tunes from that in the first
hour.  Isn't it great to have Al doing jazz
that we can play on air?  I think I wore out
my copy of Take Five and Spain.

On another note, we just did a festival
in Prescott, AZ. with Bob Florence and Lennie Niehaus
that was incredible.  Bob's CD, "Another Side"
from 2001 is piano based and that is mainly what he played
at the festival.  His rendition of Laura and
I'm Old Fashioned in a trio setting was breathtaking.
Not that I don't like the arrangements on his band CDs
but Bob Florence solo piano and piano trio was
an exquisitely musical surprise.

Blaise Lantana
Music Director
KJZZ Phoenix AZ