[JPL] WCLV Jazz Playlist for 12/5

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Thu Dec 2 11:11:27 EST 2004

Here’s this week’s music for Jazz All Night on WCLV in Cleveland:

Performer                      Music                  Recording Title
Label
12:00MID
Jimmy Smith-Wes Montgomery                Baby It’s Cold Outside
                                                                Christmas
Cookin’                     Verve
Wes Montgomery         Full House           The Best of
.
Riverside
Charles Earland             Funk Fantastique         (same)
Prestige
Dr. Lonnie Smith    Someday My Prince Will Come   Too Damn Hot      Palmetto
Tony Monaco           All Blues                  Fiery Blues
Summit
Don Byron            Freddie Freeloader       Ivey-Divey
Blue Note
Bill Evans              Blue in Green             The Best of
.
Riverside

1:00AM
Dianne Reeves         A Child is Born        Christmas Time is Here
Blue Note
Jackie Warren          I Thought About You       Near You
JW
Mort Weiss             You Go to My Head       The Three of Us
SMS Jazz
Inside Out               All the Things you Are   What is This Thing?
Romhog
Jackie McLean          Alto Madness              The Best of

Prestige/New Jazz
Sai Ghose                     E-Motion                       (same)
Summit

2:00AM
Coleman Hawkins            Greensleeves            The Best of

Prestige
John Coltrane                   Dakar                        The Best of

Prestige
Branford Marsalis            A Love Supreme-Part 1           Live
Rounder
Alice Coltrane                   Leo                          Translinear
Light              Impulse
Kitty Margolis                 My Favorite Things     Live in San Francisco
Mad-Kat
Eric Dolphy                     Status Seeking          The Best of

Prestige/New Jaz

3:00AM
Rahsaan Roland Kirk       We Free Kings        Have Yourself a Jazz Little
Christmas

Verve
Steve Turre              Volunteered Slavery  The Spirit Up Above
High Note
Bonner Party                  Essence                        Lights Out
Akashic Records
Joe Bonner                    Ode to Trane                 New Beginnings
Evidence
Elvin Jones                    Wise One                      The Truth
Half Note
Carol Mennie              Jazz, Jazz, Jazz      I’m Not a Sometime Thing
CDM
Dom Minasi               When Your Dreams Come True   Quick Response  CDM

4:00AM
Bobby Watson          Christo Redentor              Yule Be Boppin’
Blue Note
Bobby Watson           Lemoncello                      Horizon Reassembled
Palmetto
Judi Silvano            Why Do Ilove You?          Let Yourself Go
ZoHo
Art Pepper           Softly, as in a Morning Sunrise      The Best of

Contemporary
Wynton Kelly (Miles Davis)           “                Friday Night/Saturday
Night  Columbia
Enrico Pieranunzi       La Dolce Vita               Fellini Jazz
Cam Jazz
Martijn van Iterson         Grondol                The Whole Bunch
Munich  Records

5:00AM
Lev Polyakin           Let it Snow                 Christmas Kaleidoscope
Mira
Roseanne Drago      Come Rain or Come Shine
                                                        Hot Sophisticated
Jazz Now                 HSJ
Gui Mallon               Baiao                         Live at Montreux
Adventure
David Sanchez     Cancion del Canaveral          Coral
Columbia
Frank Morgan         Equinox                      City Nights
High Note
Bobby Timmons        Dat Dere                The Best of

Riverside
Count Basie            I Needs to Be Bee’d With    Good Time Blues
Pablo

John Simna
jsimna at wclv.com <mailto:jsimna at wclv.com>

WCLV