[JPL] JzFmS4 Playlist 12/3/04 WGBH Boston

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Dec 4 01:21:15 EST 2004

Jazz from Studio Four
Friday, Dec 3, 7pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7

About this broadcast

Tonight's Feature:
CASSANDRA WILSON (b. 12/4/1955)
IRA GERSHWIN (b. 12/6/1896)

7:00pm
THEME; Horace Parlan: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

7:05pm
The Lyrics of Ira Gershwin (b. 12/6/1896)

Judi Silvano: Our Love is Here To Stay, Let Yourself Go (Zoho Music)
Andy Bey: I've Got A Crush On You, Chillin' with Andy Bey (Minor Music)
Stacey Kent: Isn't It A Pity, Dreamsville (Candid (End of Gershwin Feature))

7:29pm
Joe Farnsworth: Five Spot After Dark, It's Prime Time (441 Records)
Art Farmer/Benny Golson: It Ain't Necessarily So, Meet The Jazztet
(Argo/Chess)
Benny Golson: Killer Joe, Terminal 1 (Concord)

7:50pm
Donald Harrison: Receipt Please, Heroes (Nagel Heyer)
Matt Wilson: well Be Together Again, Wake Up (Palmetto)

FEATURE / CASSANDRA WILSON (b. 12/4/1955)
Cassandra Wilson: My Ship, Rendezvous w. Jacky Terrasson (Blue Note)
Cassandra Wilson: I Didn't Know What Time It Was, Blue Skies (JMT Records)
Cassandra Wilson: Baubles, Bangles and Beads, After The Beginning Again (JMT
Records)

8:23pm
Cassandra Wilson: Honey Bee , Glamoured (Blue Note)
Cassandra Wilson: You Gat To Move, Belly Of The Sun (Blue Note)
Cassandra Wilson: Death Letter, New Moon Daughter (Blue Note)
Cassandra Wilson: Come On In My Kitchen, Blue Light Til Dawn (Blue Note)

8:45pm
Cassandra Wilson: Throw it Away, Glamoured (Blue Note)

8:50pm
Various: Days Of Wine and Roses,
Midnight in The Garden of Good and Evil (Warner Brothers)
Don Byron: Ladies Who Lunch, A Fine Line (Blue Note)
Dave Holland: Equality, Dream Of the Elders (ECM)

9:13pm
Regina Carter: Papa Was A Rolling Stone, Rhythms of the Heart (Verve)
Kurt Elling: Time of the Season, The Messenger (Blue Note)
Pat Martino: Both Sides Now, All Sides Now (Blue Note)

9:35pm
Bob Belden: Joshua Fit The Battle of Jericho, Shades of Blue (Blue Note)
Steve Turre: in A Sentimental Mood, Steve Turre (Verve)
Terence Blanchard: Don't Blame Me, Lets Get Lost (Sony)
Cassandra Wilson: Blue In Green, Traveling Miles (Blue Note)

END OF FEATURE

10:08pm
Miles Davis: Joshua; Seven Steps to Heaven, Seven Steps (Columbia)
Eddie Henderson: Water Babies, Time & Spaces (Sirocco)

10:31pm
Don Friedman: My Favorite Things, My Favorite Things (441 Music)
Jessica Williams: Heather, Live At Yoshi's (MaxJazz)
Anthony Wonsey: Damn That Reality, Blues for Hiroshi (Sharp 9)

10:52pm
Dr. Lonnie Smith: Silver Serenade, Too Damn Hot (Palmetto)
Houston Person: Juicy Lucy, Social Call (H. Silver) (HighNote)
Phil Grenadier: Lonely Woman (H. Silver), Sweet Transients (Fresh Sounds)

11:16pm
Jim Snidero: I Should Care, Close Up (Milestone)
Charles McPherson: I Didn't Know What Time It Was, But Beautiful (Venus)
Ian Hendrickson-SMith: I Wish I Knew, Still Smokin' (Sharp 9)

11:40pm
The Lyrics of Ira Gershwin (b. 12/6/1896)

Karrin Allyson: How Long Has This Been Going On, In Blue (Concord)
Rene Marie: Porgy, Live At The jazz Standard (MaxJazz)
Helen Merrill: Lady Be Good, Music Makers (Owl/Sunnyside)
Billie Holiday: Embraceable You, The Complete Commodore Recordings
(GRP Records)

END