[JPL] WEMU Top 25 Blues 11/28012/04

lyohn at emich.edu lyohn at emich.edu
Tue Dec 7 15:31:23 EST 2004

Hello! Here are the 25 most-played new and reissued
blues CDs on 89.1 from November 28th through
December 4th. The number in the parentheses tells
you how many times we played a disc.

1.	Ben Harper & The Blind Boys Of Alabama/ There
Will Be A Light/ Virgin (5)
2.	Michael Powers/ Onyx Root/ Baryon Records (4)
3.	Lightning Hopkins/The Best Of Lightning
Hopkins/Prestige (4)
4.	Mr. B/ B. At Home/ Joybox (3)
5.	Keb’ Mo’/ Peace: Back By Popular Demand/ Epic/
Okeh (3)
6.	Ray Charles/Ray! Original Motion Picture
Soundtrack/Rhino (3)
7.	Tom Rigney/ A Blue Thing/ Parhelion (2)
8.	Paul Rishell & Annie Raines/ Going Home/ Tone
Cool/ Artemis (2)
9.	J.B. Hutto/ Stompin At Mother Blues/ Delmark (2)
10.	Nora Jean Bruso/ Going Back To Mississippi  (2)
11.	Detroit Jr./ Blues On the Internet/ Delmark (2)
12.	Kirk Fletcher/Shades Of Blue/ Delta Groove (2)
13.	Chris Thomas King/ When My Guitar Screams And
Moans/ 21st Century Blues (2)
14.	The Mannish Boys/ That Represent Man/ Delta
Groove (2)
15.	RJ Mischo/ Meet Me On The Coast/ Cross Cut (2)
16.	Various Artists/ Lighting In A Bottle/ Columbia (2)
17.	Big Joe Duskin/ Big Joe Jumps Again/ Yellow Dog (1)
18.	Etta Baker with Taj Mahal/ Etta Baker With Taj
Mahal/ Music Maker (1)
19.	R.L. Burnside/ A Bothered Mind/ Fat Possum (1)
20.	The Ford Brothers/ Center Stage/ Blue Rock’it (1)
21.	Jelly Roll All-Stars/ Must Be Jelly/ Severn (1)
22.	E.G. Kight/ Takin’ It Easy/ Blue South (1)
23.	Janiva Magness/ Bury Him At The Crossroads/
Northern Blues (1)
24.	Jimmy Norman/ Little Pieces/ Wild Flower (1)
25.	Roy Rodgers And The Delta Rhythm Kings/ Live:
Big Room/ Chop Records (1)

This list reflects airplay on WEMU’s special blues
shows: “Big City Blues Cruise”, “The Blues And Some
Other Stuff”, “Blues On The Mellow Side”, and all
89.1 Jazz shows. We blend a little blues into all
our jazz shows just to make sure that we’re always
soulfully rooted in great American music.

Joe Tiboni hosts the “Big City Blues Cruise” from 3
to 6 PM Sundays. “Blues And Some Other Stuff” with
Michael Jewett airs from 7 to 10PM Sundays followed
by Doug Cameron’s “Blues On The Mellow Side” from
10PM to 1AM.

If you would like to send CDs to the individual show
hosts, you are encouraged to do so.  However, please
also send one to my attention for the WEMU library
for all hosts to review for potential airplay.

Here is the best address:

Linda Yohn
WEMU Music Director
PO Box 980350
Ypsilanti MI 48198-0350

Thanks for the great jams to share with WEMU listeners!

Linda

Linda Yohn
WEMU Music Director
lyohn at emich.edu