[JPL] WNMC Friday Afternoon (mostly) Jazz

Thomas M "Biz" Bisard mrbiz at torchlake.com
Wed Dec 8 10:42:30 EST 2004

                                        WNMC 90.7 FM  Traverse City
Michigan
                                             Listen Online:   <www.wnmc.org>

37 Years of Community Public Radio for Northwest Lower Michigan   **  with
53 hours of jazz per week  **
  9 hours of straight blues  **  6 hours of straight folk  **  6 hours of
combined blues/folk/roots  **  6 hours of world/international music

Eric Hines, general manager/music director <ehines at message.nmc.edu>

Office: (231) 995-2562         Studio Request Line: (231) 995-1090

Product, Promotions, etc to:  WNMC, attn: Eric Hines, station manager
				1701 E Front St
				Traverse City MI 49686

Friday Afternoon December 3rd 2004 Jazz 2-5  with Biz <mrbiz at torchlake.com>
hosting from the oh-so-sunny basement of West Hall on the Northwestern
Michigan College campus....and  taking next Friday off for Eccentric Day in
Kalamazoo.

				ARTIST  *  song title  *  album title  *  (label)

						2 PM
ROTARY CONNECTION  *  Rapid Transit  *  self-titled  *  (Chess/MCA)
ROTARY CONNECTION  *  Turn Me On  *  self-titled  *  (Chess/MCA)
CARMEN MCRAE  *  Imagination  *  Velvet Soul  *  (LRC)
ELLA FITZGERALD & JOE PASS  *  Georgia On My Mind  *  Speak
Love  *  (Pablo/Fantasy)
concert promo: SONG OF THE LAKES  *Castle Kelly - Coleraine  *  Poets
Say  *  (Makenwavez)
						break
BUDDY RICH & THE KILLER FORCE BAND  *  Slow Funk  *  No Funny
Hats  *  (Lightyear/Lobitos Creek Ranch)
DR LONNIE SMITH  *  One Cylinder  *  Too Damn Hot  *  (Palmetto)
TOM KNIFIC  *  The Baron  *  Siena  *  (SeaBreeze Jazz)
						break
BOB DOROUGH  *  Ain't No Spoofin'  *  Sunday at Iridium  *  (Arbors Jazz)
CAROL SLOANE  *  It's Easy to Remember  *  Whisper Sweet  *  (High Note)

						3 PM
THE MANHATTAN TRANSFER  *  Come Softly to Me - I Met Him on a
Monday  *  Vibrate  *  (Telarc Jazz)
BETTY CARTER  *  30 Years  *  Droppin' Things  *  (Verve/Polygram)
BOSSACUCANOVA  *  Just a Samba  *  Uma Batida
Differente  *  (Crammed/Zirguiboom)
KEITH JARRETT - GARY PEACOCK - JACK DEJOHNETTE  *  You've Changed  *  The
Out-of-Towners  *  (ECM)
						break
PETER ROWAN - TONY RICE  *  Wild Mustang  *  You Were There for
Me  *  (Rounder)
PAUL REDDICK  *  Big Not Small  *  Villanelle  *  (Northern Blues Music)
JERRY GARCIA - DAVID GRISMAN  *  Blue Yonder #9  *  Been All Around This
World  *  (Acoustic Disc)
THELONIOUS MONK  *  Jackie-ing  *  The Best of  *  (Riverside/Fantasy)
						break
TEDDY EDWARDS - TOM WAITS  *  I'm Not Your Fool Anymore  *  Mississippi
Lad  *  (Gitanes Jazz/Antilles)
BOBBY SHORT  *  Whoever You Are, I Love You  *  Jump for Joy  *  (Koch Jazz)
BILLIE HOLIDAY  *  The Man I Love  *  Me, Myself, and I  *  (HCF/Milan
Entertainment)
JUDY GARLAND  *  The Jitterbug  *  Judy Garland - Cocktail Hour  *  (Allegro)
BOBBY SHORT  *  Here's a Kiss for Cinderella  *  Nobody Else but
Me  *  (Koch Jazz)
TEDDY EDWARDS - TOM WAITS  *  Little Man  *  Mississippi Lad  *  (Gitanes
Jazz/Antilles)

						4 PM
JOE WILLIAMS  *  Goin' to Chicago  *  Having the Blues Under European
Skies  *  (LaserLight)
JAMES & LUCKY PETERSON  *  Don't Give the Devil No Ground  *  If U Can Fix
It  *  (JSP)
GIL SCOTT-HERON  *  Lady Day & John Coltrane  *  The Revolution Will Not Be
Televised  *  (Bluebird/RCA)
						break
TOWER OF POWER  *  Soul With a Capital "S"  *  T O P  *  (Epic/Sony)
request: FREDDIE KING  *  Mojo Boogie  *  Are You Ready for
Freddie?  *  (Fuel 2000)
request: B B KING  *  Playin' With My Friends  *  Martin Scorsese Presents
the Blues  *  (MCA/UMG)
HARRY MANX  *  Make Way for the Living  *  West Eats Meet  *  (Dog My Cat)
						break
NORMA ZENTENO w/CALVIN OWENS BLUES ORCHESTRA fea/ARCHIE BELL  *  Red
Shuffle Tejáno  *  Es Tu Booty  *  (Sawdust Alley)
request: DEKE DICKERSON  *  What's That Cookin'? * My Name Is
Deke  *  (Hightone)
SENSITIVE NEW AGE COWPERSONS  *  Dr Feelgood - Give It Up  *  Fly Like a
Chicken  *  (self-produced)
NORMA ZENTENO w/CALVIN OWENS BLUES ORCHESTRA  *  Es Tu Booty  *  Es Tu
Booty  *  (Sawdust Alley)