[JPL] WCLV Jazz Playlist for 12/12

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Thu Dec 9 10:01:48 EST 2004

Here’s what will air on this week’s edition of Jazz All Night on WCLV in
Cleveland:

Performer                      Music                  Recording Title
Label
12:00MID
Bobby Timmons      White Christmas     Christmas Collection
Prestige
Bobby Timmons      Moanin’ (organ version)   The Best of

Riverside
Jessica Williams      Tutu’s Promise           Live at Yoshi’s
MaxJazz
Kirk Lightsey           A Time for Love     The Nights of Bradley’s
Sunnyside
Keith Jarrett           Five Brothers              The Out-of-Towners
ECM
Gerry Mulligan       Blueport                     Concert Jazz Band
Mosaic

1:00AM
Dianne Reeves       This Time of Year    Christmas Time is Here        Blue
Note
Duke Ellington      Dance of the Floreadores   Three Suites
Columbia
Count Basie          Good Time Blues                (same)
Pablo
Paul Ferguson       Blues for Clare                  Friends
PFM
Paul Ferguson       Blue Highways                 (same)
Azica
Maria Schneider       Pas de deux            Concert in the Garden
Artist Share
Chuck Owen         E Ticket                      Here We Are
Sea Breeze

2:00AM
Dianne Reeves      A Merrier Christmas       Yule Struttin’
Blue Note
Thelonious Monk     I Mean You              The Best of

Riverside
Joe Lovano              Monk’s Mood             I’m All for You
Blue Note
New Stories          Stars Over Marrakech      Hope is in the Air
Origin
Patricia Barber      Santa Claus is Coming to Town     (no title)

Blue Note/Premonition single
Patricia Barber         Norwegian Wood         Fortnight in France
Blue Note
Lynne Arriale          Come Together               (same)
Motema
Rosanne Drago       The Shadow of Your Smile
                                                     Hot Sophisticated Jazz
Now          HSJ

3:00AM
Ladd McIntosh       The Last Suite Mesa    Ride the Night Beast      LEM
Geir Lysne                Theme for OJ                  Korall
ACT Music
Kenny Wheeler        Gnu Suite                    A Long Time Ago
ECM
Maritime Jazz Orchestra-Kenny Wheeler
                                  Sumother Song                Siren’s Song
Justin Time

4:00AM
Rob McConnell     My Favorite Things           Big Band Christmas
Concord
Branford Marsalis      A Love Supreme: 3              Live
Rounder
Ernest Dawkins                3-D                           Mean Ameen
Delmark
Maurice Brown          Hip to Bop                             (same)
Brown
Carla Bley                Hip Hop                        The Lost Chords
Watt
EST                     Seven Days of Falling               (same)
215 Records

5:00AM
Beegie Adair         The Christmas Song               Christmas Jazz
Village Square
Reginald Robinson        Dream Natasha      Serenade in Silhouette
Delmark
Red Garland     Please Send Me Someone to Love   The Best of...
Prestige
Deep Blue Organ Trio    Light My Fire            Deep Blue Bruise
Delmark
Richie Hart              Black Pearls                   Blues in the Alley
Zoho
Lockjaw Davis             The Rev                       The Best of

Prestige
Jimmy Smith      Santa Claus is Coming to Town    Christmas Cookin’  Verve
Shelly Manne   Collard Greens and Black-Eyed Peas   The Best of..
Contemporary

John Simna
jsimna at wclv.com <mailto:jsimna at wclv.com>

WCLV