[JPL] NEXT WEEK ON XM's Modern Jazz Channel BEYOND JAZZ

davispro at mindspring.com davispro at mindspring.com
Fri Dec 10 20:39:58 EST 2004

XM 72...BEYOND JAZZ/WEEKLY FEATURES   (13-19 December 04)

This Monday, December 13th, we'll present another edition of our special feature...MONDAY WITH THE MASTERS! on Beyond Jazz featuring an hour of one of the great living masters of modern jazz guitar, JOHN McLAUGHLIN! You'll hear the variety in the music of one of the most versatile players of all time as he plays with Miles Davis, The Mahavishnu Orchestra, Shakti, solo and with other artists in All-Star groups.  Plus you'll hear the comments of two great artists, Bill Evans and Stanley Clarke, who've worked with John. Listen Monday at Noon Eastern/9 AM Pacific, with a replay Monday night at 11 PM Eastern/8 PM Pacific. It's MONDAY WITH THE MASTERS! featuring JOHN McLAUGHLIN! on Beyond Jazz.

This week it's NEW FUSION LIVE! on WEDNESDAY NITE LIVE @ BJ'S! Every Wednesday night at 8 PM Pacific/11 PM Eastern spend an hour in the world's only imaginary modern jazz club, BJ's, for rare live performances by the biggest stars of Modern Jazz.  You'll hear music you can't hear anywhere but on XM, and this week we'll feature two of the hottest bands that are following in the footsteps of Return To Forever, The Mahavishnu Orchestra and Weather Report by creating a new form of fusion for the 21st century.  It's Particle from Los Angeles and The Addison Groove Project from Wellsley, Massachusetts. It's NEW FUSION LIVE! on this weeks addition of WEDNESDAY NITE LIVE @ BJ'S!

IF IT'S FRIDAY, THIS MUST BE FUSION!  Every Friday beginning at 7 AM Eastern/4 AM Pacific we present an exclusive Beyond Jazz feature that focuses on the moment in jazz history when the music became electric and all the musical influences of the world blended with jazz to create the Fusion Era. Each hour until midnight Eastern/9 PM Pacific you'll hear a classic fusion nugget and get the stories behind this controversial idiom. Some say Fusion ruined jazz, others say it saved the music.    Listen and make up your own mind. IF IT'S FRIDAY, THIS MUST BE FUSION!  on XM 72, Beyond Jazz.

Every Saturday is a chance to get to know the stars of Modern Jazz a little better with WORDS & MUSIC on BEYOND JAZZ, and on Saturday, December 18th, 7 Days before CHRISTMAS, Beyond Jazz presents a very special holiday edition of "WORDS & MUSIC" show titled "CHRISTMAS IN JACKETOWN!" Join Russ Davis as he's joined by members of the superband of Modern Jazz, THE YELLOWJACKETS who'll share CHRISTMAS cheer and cuts from their first ever CHRISTMAS release "PEACE ROUND."  We'll hear how the 'Jackets celebrate CHRISTMAS at their homes while they bring jazzy joy to yours. Each hour begins with conversation followed by music. It all starts at Noon and lasts through Midnight Eastern time (9 AM-9 PM Pacific). "CHRISTMAS IN JACKETOWN!" is this weeks edition of WORDS & MUSIC on XM 72, BEYOND JAZZ

Every Sunday it's the EMAIL REPLY HOUR...from 6-7 PM Eastern/3-4 PM Pacific, Russ Davis spends an hour responding to email messages by playing requested songs, answering listener questions and reading listener comments that have been emailed to him at beyondjazz at xmradio.com .

Russ Davis
Program Director
Beyond Jazz
(((XM))) Satellite Radio