[JPL] JzFmS4 WGBH BOSTON 12/10/04

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Dec 11 01:03:26 EST 2004

Jazz from Studio Four
Friday, Dec 10, 7pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7

BARRY HARRIS (b. 12/15/1929)
SOME 2004 GRAMMY NOMINEES
A LOVE SUPREME (recorded 12/9/1964)

7:00pm THEME
Horace Parlan: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

7:05pm SOME GRAMMY NOMINEES
Branford Marsalis: Dinner for One Please, James, Eternal (Marsalis Music)
Roy Haynes: Greensleeves, Fountain of Youth (Dreyfus)

7:26pm
Andy Bey: Angel Eyes, American Song (Savoy)
Bob Brookmeyer: Idyll, New Work (Challenge)

7:44pm
McCoy Tyner: If I Should Lose You, Illumniations (Telarc)

7:55pm
Herbie Hancock with Harvey Mason: Speak Like A Child,
With All My Heart (Bluebird)

8:03pm

SPECIAL FEATURE/Barry Harris (b. 12/15/1929)
Barry Harris: Parker's Mood, Live At Maybeck
Barry Harris: I Should Care, Preminando (Riverside)
Barry Harris: Body and Soul, Listen To Barry Harris (Riverside)

8:19pm
Barry Harris: Oblivion, The LastTime I Saw Paris (Venus Records)
Barry Harris: Webb City, Luminescence (Prestige)
Roni Ben-Hur with Barry Harris: Dance of the Infidels, Backyard (TCB Music)

8:41pm
Cannonball Adderley: Jeannine, Them Dirty Blues (Riverside)
Lee Morgan: Boy, What A Night, The Sidewinder (Blue Note)
Sonny Criss: Saturday Morning, Saturday Morning (Prevue/Xanadu)

9:04pm
Frank Morgan: Embraceable You, You Must Believe in Spring (Antilles)
Yusef Lateef: P Bouk, Into Sosmething (Prestige New Jazz)
Sonny Stitt: Casbah, End Game Brilliance (32 Jazz)

9:26pm
Barry Harris: Soultrane; if You Could See Me Now; Hot House,
Barry Harris Plays Tadd Dameron (Prevue/Xanadu)

9:45pm
Barry Harris: Monk Medley: Reflections, Light Blue,
Well You Needn't, Rhythm-a-ning, For the Moment (Uptown)

Barry Harris: 'Round Midnight, The Last Time I Saw Paris (Venus Music)
END OF FEATURE

10:07pm
MORE GRAMMY NOMINEES
Maria Schneider: Bularia, Solea Y Rumba,
Concert in The Garden (Maria Schneider Music)

10:29pm
Conrad Herwig: Blue in Green, Another Kind of Blue:
Latin Side of Miles Davis (Half Note)
Bill Charlap: Cool, Somewhere (Blue Note)
Don Byron: I Want To Be Happy, Ivey-Divey (Blue Note)

10:52pm
Alan Broadbent: What's New, You and the Night and the Music (A440 Music)

11:03pm
RECORDED on DECEMBER 9, 1964
John Coltrane: A Love Supreme, A Love Supreme (Impulse)

11:37pm
MORE GRAMMY NOMINEES
Charlie Haden: Nostalgia, Land of the Sun (Verve)
Jerry Gonzalez: Hubo un Lugar, Y Los Pirates del Flamenco (Sunnyside)

11:50pm
Keith Jarrett: I Love You, the Out of Towners (ECM)

END