[JPL] Did your station participate in Ray Day?

Jackson, Bobby bjackson at wcpn.org
Mon Dec 13 12:00:15 EST 2004

I've Got News For You, Arturo!

Didn't know about Ray day which is interesting because I just attended the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame opening to their exhibit all about Ray Charles which will last through Fall of 2005.  Ray's manager, Joe Adams was in attendance as was Ray's producer from his ABC/Paramount years, Sid Feller.  This past Friday and Sunday we aired an hour special about the opening which also features the newly released DVD of Brother Ray's concert in Brazil. We've also aired a lot of Ray Charles in general because of his death in June, the release of the Concord recording, his birthday in September as well as the release of the movie.

Peace,

Bobby