[JPL] WEMU Top 25 Cuban/Brazilian airplay 12/5-11/04

lyohn at emich.edu lyohn at emich.edu
Tue Dec 14 16:37:36 EST 2004

Hello! Hola! Here are the 25 most-played new and
reissued Afro-Cuban, Latin jazz, Brazilian, African
and Caribbean CDs on 89.1 from December 5th through
December the 11th.  The number in parentheses tells
you how many times we played a disc.

1.	Carlos “Patato” Valdes/ El Hombre/ Mambo Maniacs (6)
2.	Pucho And The Latin Soul Brothers/ The Hide Out/
Milestone (5)
3.	Buyu Ambroise/ Blues In Red/ Justin Time (4)
4.	Poncho Sanchez/ Poncho At Montreux/ Silver Line (4)
5.	Hilario Duran/ New Danzon/ Alma (3)
6.	Sergent Garcia/ La Semilla Escondida/ EMI (3)
7.	Conrad Herwig & Brian Lynch/ Que Viva Coltrane/
Criss Cross (3)
8.	Manuel Valera/ Forma Nueva/ Mavo (3)
9.	Various Artists/ Women Of Latin America/ Putumayo
World Music (2)
10.	Various Artists/ The Girls From Ipanema/
Universal (2)
11.	Marta Gomez/ Cantos De Agua Dulce/ Chesky (2)
12.	Bossacucanova/ Uma Batide Differente/ Six
Degrees (2)
13.	Jane Bunnett/ Red Dragon Fly/ Narada (2)
14.	Ray Mantilla/ Man-Ti-Ya/ Savant (2)
15.	Gonzalo Rubalcaba/ Paseo/ Blue Note (2)
16.	Estrella Acosta/ Alma Guajira/ eStar (1)
17.	Quibombo/Quibombo/Testa Dura (1)
18.	Jimmy Bosch/ El Avion De La Salsa/ JRG Records (1)
19.	Carlinhos Brown/ Mil Veros/ Carlinhos Brown
Greatest Hits/ EMI (1)
20.	Ricky Gonzalez/ Oasis/ Rumba Jams (1)
21.	Mark Lotz/ Cuban Fishes Make Good Dishes/ Random
Chance (1)
22.	Maria Marquez/ Natures Princess/ Adventure Music (1)
23.	Paoli Meijas/ Mi Tambor/ paolimeijas.com (1)
24.	Paula Morelenbaum/ Berimbaum/ Universal Music
Brazil (1)
25.	Stephanie Ozer/ O Comeco/ Media Z (1)

This list reflects airplay on “Cuban Fantasy”,
“Brazilian Sol” and all 89.1 Jazz programs. “Cuban
Fantasy” with host Marc Taras airs from 7 to 9 PM
Mondays followed by “Brazilian Sol” with Mary
Catherine Smith from 9 to 11 PM.

If you would like to send CDs to the show hosts, you
are welcome to do so, but please remember to send an
additional copy to the music director, so that all
WEMU hosts can review the music for potential
airplay. We spice up our “meat and potatoes” jazz
programs with hot Latin music.

Here is the best address:

Linda Yohn
WEMU Music Director
PO Box 980350

This will be WEMU’s final Latin/World/Brazilian
report for 2004.  Thank you for the wonderful music
you have shared with WEMU hosts and listeners in
2004.  We know that it is difficult for many small,
artist-run and international labels to send play
copies to radio.  We truly appreciate your
confidence in WEMU that we will play the music and
keep it moving forward.  We look forward to working
with you in 2005.

Peace and blessings to all in the new year.

Linda

Linda Yohn
WEMU Music Director
lyohn at emich.edu