[JPL] WEMU Top 25 Blues 12/4-11/04

lyohn at emich.edu lyohn at emich.edu
Tue Dec 14 17:04:42 EST 2004

Hello! Here are the 25 most-played new and reissued
jazz CDs on 89.1 from December 5th through December
11th. The number in the parentheses tells you how
many times we played a disc.

1.	Detroit Jr./ Blues On The Internet/ Delmark (7)
2.	The Neville Brothers/ Walkin’ The Shadows Of
Life/ Back Porch (4)
3.	Dave Specter & Steve Freund/ Is What It Is/
Delmark (4)
4.	Nora Jean Bruso/ Going Back To Mississippi/
Severn (3)
5.	Mr. B/ B At Home/ Joybox (3)
6.	Big Joe Duskin/ Big Joe Jumps Again/ Yellow Dog (3)
7.	Various Artists/ This Is The Blues Harmonica,
Volume 2/ Delmark (3)
8.	Ben Harper & The Blind Boys Of Alabama/ There
Will Be A Light/ Virgin (3)
9.	Alex Schultz/ Think About It/ Severn (3)
10.	Carl Weathersby/ Hold On/ Carl Weathersby Music  (2)
11.	Various Artists/ Lightning In A Bottle/
Columbia/Legacy (2)
12.	J.B. Hutto/ Stormin’ At Mother Blues/ Denmark (2)
13.	Ray Charles/ Ray: Original Motion Picture
Soundtrack/ Rhino/ Atlantic (2)
14.	Kirk Fletcher/ Shades Of Blue/ Delta Groove (2)
15.	Chris Thomas King/ When My Guitar Screams And
Moans/ 21st Century Blues (2)
16.	Jimmy D. Lane/ It’s Time/ APO (2)
17.	Michael Powers/ Onyx Root/ Baryon Records (2)
18.	Tom Rigney/ A Blue Thing/ Parhelion (2)
19.	The Mannish Boys/That Represent Man/Delta Groove (1)
20.	Carlos Johnson/ In And Our/ Mister Kelly’s (1)
21.	Jimmy Norman/Little Pieces/Wild Flower (1)
22.	Detroit Women & The Motor City Express/ Rattle
Your Cage/ detroitwomen.org (1)
23.	Down Home Super Trio/ In The House/ Cross Cut (1)
24.	52nd Street Blues Project/ Blues and Grass/ Act (1)
25.	RJ Mischo/Meet Me On The Coast/Cross Cut (1)

This reflects airplay on WEMU’s special blues shows:
“Big City Blues Cruise”, “The Blues And Some Other
Stuff”, “Blues On The Mellow Side”, and all 89.1
Jazz shows. We blend blues into all our jazz shows
just to make sure that we’re always soulfully rooted
in great American music.

Joe Tiboni hosts the “Big City Blues Cruise” from 3
to 6 PM Sundays. “Blues And Some Other Stuff” with
Michael Jewett airs from 7 to 10PM Sundays followed
by Doug Cameron’s “Blues On The Mellow Side” from
10PM to 1AM.

If you would like to send CDs to individual hosts,
you are encouraged to do so.  However, please send
one to my attention for the WEMU library and for all
hosts to review for potential airplay.

Here is the best address:

Linda Yohn
WEMU Music Director
PO Box 980350
Ypsilanti MI 48198-0350

This will be the final weekly blues report for WEMU
in 2004.  (We will file our monthly report to Living
Blues by December 31st).  I probably could have done
a list of 40 titles this week, because we have so
many wonderful new blues CDs in studio right now!
We thank you for the great service in 2004.  We know
it can be hard on small labels and so we sincerely
appreciate the trust and confidence that you place
in WEMU knowing that we will do our best to play
your records.

We look forward to serving you and WEMU blues fans
in 2005.

Peace and blessings to all in the New Year.

Linda

Linda Yohn
WEMU Music Director
lyohn at emich.edu