[JPL] WCLV Jazz Playlist for 12/19

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Wed Dec 15 08:56:40 EST 2004

Here’s what will this week on Jazz All Night on WCLV in Cleveland:

Performer                      Music                  Recording Title
Label
12:00MID
Ramsey Lewis          Merry Christmas, Baby    Sound of Christmas       MCA
Rob McConnell        Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas/I’ll be
                                    Home for Christmas       Big Band
Christmas      Concord
Al Henderson           Waiting for Spring            Fathers and Sons
Cornerstone
Vince Guaraldi      Linus and Lucy     A Charlie Brown Christmas
Fantasy
Jamie Cullum           Let it Snow                      (single)
Verve
Bobby Timmons      White Christmas           Christmas Collection
Prestige
Bobby Timmons        Soul Time                    The Best of

Riverside
Orbert Davis            Hammer Head              Blue Notes
3Sixteen
ShellyManne              Doxy                           The Best of

Contemporary

1:00AM
Anton Schwartz         Jingle Bells                 Holiday Time
Anton Jazz
Patricia Barber      Santa Claus is Coming to Town    (single)

Premonition/Blue Note
McCoy Tyner            Aisha                         Counterpoints
Milestone
Kenny Barron             Inside Out                     Images
Sunnyside
Eric Reed              Christmas Blues            Merry Magic
MaxJazz
Ray Brown-Nancy King    Tiner Wonderland   Christmas Songs          Telarc
Plas Johnson        A Bebop Carol          Christmas in Hollywood
Carell
Eric Alexander        Sonrisa                        Dead Center
High Note
Kenny Burrell        Minor Mishap              The Best of

Prestige

2:00AM
Kenny Burrell      A Child is Born            Jazz Yule Love
Mack Avenue
Dianne Reeves     Christ Child’s Lullaby   Christmas Time is Here     Blue
Note
Mort Weiss          Silent Night                A Merry Christmas
SMS Jazz
Dave Brubeck     You’d be So Nice to Come Home To
                                                        Private Brubeck
Remembers          Telarc
Jane Bunnett      Odira-E                   Red Dragonfly
Narada
Gui Mallon          Canto Indio              Live at Montreux
Adventure
Lev Polyakin       Jingle Bells        Christmas Kaleidoscope
Mira
Yellowjackets    Winter Wonderland     Peace Round
Heads Up
Singers Unlimited  Bright, Bright the Holly Berries    Christmas
MPS
Beegie Adair et al    Deck the Halls   Christmas Jazz
Village Square
Jim Snidero         Windswept                Close Up
Milestone
Frank Morgan          All Blues               City Nights
High Note

3:00AM
Vincent Herring     O Come, All Ye Faithful    Jazz Christmas
Music Masters
Bruce Barth          Greensleeves             MaxJazz Holiday
MaxJazz
John Hicks           Jingle Blues             A Merry Jazzmas
Novus
John Hicks         Littlest One of All            John Hicks
Evidence
Branford Marsalis      A Love Supreme: 4         Live
Marsalis Music
Houston Person     Blue Christmas     Jazz for a Christmas Present
Savoy
Ann Hampton Calloway   White Christmas   This Christmas
N-Coded
Joe Williams       Christmas Blues            Santa’s Bag
Telarc
Eric Dolphy            Fire Waltz                  The Best of

Prestige

4:00AM
Oliver Jones          Silver Bells           Yuletide Swing
Justin Time
Mark Shane-Harry Allen   What Will Santa Claus Say?  Christmas Jazz 2
Nagel-Heyer
Scott Hamilton      Bell Carol Blues     Christmas Love Song
Concord
Scott Hamilton-Harry Allen    If Dreams Come True   Heavy Juice    Concord
Joe Pass     We’ll Be Together Again   Virtuoso in New York
Pablo
Al Grey    Chrismas Stockin’ Stuffer        (same)
Capri
Don Patterson     Merry Christmas, Baby   Christmas Collection
Prestige
Ramsey Lewis       Christmas Blues           Sound of Christmas
MCA
Buddy Rich       Grand Concourse          No Funny Hats
Scabeba

5:00AM
Bill Evans   Santa Claus is Coming   Have Yourself a Jazzy Little Christmas

Verve
Beegie Adair et al   Home for the Holidays     Christmas Jazz
Village Square
Chet Baker        Winter Wonderland        Yule Struttin’
Blue Note
Chet Baker      I Talk to the Trees                The Best of

Riverside
Mike Holober     Jump Down, Spin Aroudn     Thought Trains            Sons
of Sound
Cliff Habian    I’ll Be Home for Christmas    First Snowfall
Chilidog
Oscar Peterson           Jingle Bells              An OP Christmas
Telarc
Judi Silvano    I’d Like You for Christmas     Yule Be Boppin’
Blue Note
Joe Lovano Carol of the Bells        Yule Be Boppin’
Blue Note
Jimmy Smith      Baby, It’s Cold Outside     Christmas Cookin’
Verve
Eastern Rebellion       We Three Kings        Jazz Yule Love
Mack Avenue

John Simna
jsimna at wclv.com <mailto:jsimna at wclv.com>

WCLV