[JPL] athletes to musician story

Arturo arturo893 at qwest.net
Thu Dec 16 17:20:51 EST 2004

I will be writing a story in February for a Denver publication on pro
athletes that were also pro musicians either before, during or after their
careers. I'll most likely mention a few athletes that became entertainers in
other fields like Jim Brown and Chuck Connors, but the main focus will be
music and sports.

I'd like to hear from forum members with any suggestions, some of those I'll
feature, good and bad, Paul Robeson, Arthur Lee Maye, "Suga" Ray Robinson,
Muhammad Ali (as Cassius Clay), Shaquille O'Neal, Joe Frazier and others.
I'm not covering amateur sports or athletes like Jackie Wilson, just pro
athletes and professional musicians, despite their success in either fields.

In advance,  thanks mucho.

Arturo Gómez