[JPL] athletes to musician story

Michael Valentine mjazzer at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 16 19:25:52 EST 2004

 Red Garland was a boxer, as a pro i'm not sure?

Arturo <arturo893 at qwest.net> wrote:************************************************
This week's sponsor is: MARILYN HARRIS - 'MAKE ANOTHER MEMORY + THE WISDOM OF SAM KINISON' - Wrightwood Records
provided by Yellow Dog Communications, Inc.
For more information visit us at http://jpl.yellowdog.com
To become a sponsor contact Tony Gasparre
at tony at yellowdog.com or 585-235-4685.

I will be writing a story in February for a Denver publication on pro
athletes that were also pro musicians either before, during or after their
careers. I'll most likely mention a few athletes that became entertainers in
other fields like Jim Brown and Chuck Connors, but the main focus will be
music and sports.

I'd like to hear from forum members with any suggestions, some of those I'll
feature, good and bad, Paul Robeson, Arthur Lee Maye, "Suga" Ray Robinson,
Muhammad Ali (as Cassius Clay), Shaquille O'Neal, Joe Frazier and others.
I'm not covering amateur sports or athletes like Jackie Wilson, just pro
athletes and professional musicians, despite their success in either fields.

In advance, thanks mucho.

Arturo Gómez

This week's sponsor is: MARILYN HARRIS - 'MAKE ANOTHER MEMORY + THE WISDOM OF SAM KINISON' - Wrightwood Records
The follow-up to FUTURE STREET, this is a CD-single of Marilyn's holiday jazz song MAKE ANOTHER MEMORY and jazz editorial on Sam Kinison's solution to the problem of world hunger!

SENSATIONAL-- I'll be using it for weeks and weeks to come!! Your interpretation, lyrics, arrangement, band were OUTSTANDING--I LOVED IT - Fritz 'The Nite Owl'
Peerenboom, WJZA - Columbus, OH

Radio Promotion by:
Mark Rini, Josh Ellman, and Thad Paulson
Groov Marketing and Consulting 1-877-GROOV-32

visit
http://www.harriswolframmusic.com/MJHHolidayJazz.html to hear both tracks!

Also, visit
http://www.wrightwoodrecords.com/index.html for more Marilyn Harris CDs!