[JPL] athletes to musician story

Bob Stewart BSTEWAR at kirkwood.edu
Fri Dec 17 09:12:14 EST 2004

Former NBAer Waymon Tisdale and current Yankee Bernie Williams are
working in the Contemporary Jazz field these days.

>>> arturo893 at qwest.net 12/16/04 06:20PM >>>
provided by Yellow Dog Communications, Inc.
For more information visit us at  http://jpl.yellowdog.com
To become a sponsor contact Tony Gasparre
at tony at yellowdog.com or 585-235-4685.

I will be writing a story in February for a Denver publication on pro
athletes that were also pro musicians either before, during or after
their
careers. I'll most likely mention a few athletes that became
entertainers in
other fields like Jim Brown and Chuck Connors, but the main focus will
be
music and sports.

I'd like to hear from forum members with any suggestions, some of those
I'll
feature, good and bad, Paul Robeson, Arthur Lee Maye, "Suga" Ray
Robinson,
Muhammad Ali (as Cassius Clay), Shaquille O'Neal, Joe Frazier and
others.
I'm not covering amateur sports or athletes like Jackie Wilson, just
pro
athletes and professional musicians, despite their success in either
fields.

In advance,  thanks mucho.

Arturo Gómez

This week's sponsor is:  MARILYN HARRIS - 'MAKE ANOTHER MEMORY + THE
WISDOM OF SAM KINISON' - Wrightwood Records
The follow-up to FUTURE STREET, this is a CD-single of Marilyn's
holiday jazz song MAKE ANOTHER MEMORY and jazz editorial on Sam
Kinison's solution to the problem of world hunger!

SENSATIONAL-- I'll be using it for weeks and weeks to come!!  Your
interpretation, lyrics, arrangement, band were OUTSTANDING--I LOVED IT -
Fritz 'The Nite Owl'
Peerenboom, WJZA - Columbus, OH

Radio Promotion by:
Mark Rini, Josh Ellman, and Thad Paulson
Groov Marketing and Consulting 1-877-GROOV-32

visit
http://www.harriswolframmusic.com/MJHHolidayJazz.html to hear both
tracks!

Also, visit