[JPL] athletes to musician story

Jackson, Bobby bjackson at wcpn.org
Fri Dec 17 12:23:01 EST 2004

Hey Arturo!  Happy Holidays everyone!!!!!!

Dona Nobim Pacem,

Bobby Jackson

Carl Lewis - track and field

The 1986 Super Bowl Champion Chicago Bears and their video "The Super Bowl Shuffle."

Shortstop Omar Vizquel plays drums in rock music

Lem Barney and Mel Farr provided background vocals for Marvin Gaye's
What's Going On.  (Hey, brother! What's Happenin'.....dig it, It's a groovy party man, dig it, SOLID!)

NFL great Deion Sanders with Hammer in "Too Legit To Quit"

P.Diddy - marathoner

Al Jarreau - baseball and basketball

Jelly Roll Morton - There wasn't anything he couldn't do.....even invented jazz in 1902  :)

Here's the others already posted.......

Red Garland was a boxer, as a pro i'm not sure?

Ron Artest (basketball) rapping etc.

Oscar de la Hoya is a singer

Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Mike (?) Reid was a concert pianist

Jack McDowell (White Sox, Yankees) was/is a rock drummer

speedster Maury Wills sang and played guitar

Bernie Williams, the Yankees GREAT center fielder!

Wayman Tisdale - basketball