[JPL] JzFmS4 WGBH Boston 12/17)4

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Dec 18 01:36:48 EST 2004

Friday, Dec 17, 7pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7
About this broadcast

BOB BROOKMEYER (b. 12/19/1929)
SEVENTY-FIVE YEARS OLD THIS SUNDAY

7:00pm
THEME: Horace Parlan Quintet: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

7:05pm
Bob Brookmeyer: What's New, One Night in Vermont (Challenge)
Bob Brookmeyer: Languid Blues, Blues Hot and Cold (Verve)

7:26pm
Bob Brookmeyer and Kenny Wheeler: Song For Kenny, Island (Artists House)
Gerry Mulligan: Open Country, At Storyville (Pacific Jazz)
Bob Brookmeyer: Have You Met Miss Jones, Bob Brookmeyer MOSAIC Select
(Mosaic)

7:52pm
Bob Brookmeyer New Art Orchestra: Idyll, New Work (Challenge)
Bob Brookmeyer: Detour Ahead, Gloomy Sunday and Other Bright Moments (Verve)
Bob Brookmeyer: Stretching Out, Bob Brookmeyer MOSAIC Select (Mosaic)

8:17pm
Bob Brookmeyer and Bill Evans: The Way You Look Tonight, The Ivory Hunters
(Blue Note)
Bob Brookmeyer : They Say It's Wonderful, The Dual Role (Prestige)
Bob Brookmeyer: It Could Happen To You, Holiday (Challenge)

8:42pm
Bob Brookmeyer and Jim Hall: Darn That Dream, Live at North Sea (Challenge)
Jimmy Guiffre Trio: Pickin 'Em Up and Layin 'Em Down,
Complete Capitol and Atlantic Recordings (Mosaic)
Bob Brookmeyer: Street Swingers, Bob Brookmeyer MOSAIC Select (Mosaic)

9:08pm
Pee Wee Russell and Coleman Hawkins: What Am I Here For,
Jazz Reunion (Candid)
Henri Texier: Respect, Respect (Label Bleu)
Oscar Pettiford: Kammen's A Comin, Another One (Bethleham)

9:31pm
Gerry Mulligan: The Lady Is A Tramp; Laura, Mulligan in Paris (Vogue Disque)
Gerry Mulligan Sextet: Mainstream, Mainstream (Emarcy)
Gerry Mulligan Orchestra: Django's Castle, Mulligan Jazz Masters 36 (Verve)

9:52pm
Bob Brookmeyer and Mads Vinding: I Can't Get Started, Together (Challenge)

10:08pm
Stan Getz: Rustic Hop, Cool Sounds (Verve)
Stan Getz: Pernod, At The Shrine (Verve)
Stan Getz and Bob Brookmeyer: Nice Work If You Can Get It,
Recorded Fall 1961 (Verve)
Bob Brookmeyer: Misty, Bob Brookmeyer and Friends (Columbia)

10:36pm
Eliane Elias and Bob Brookmeyer: So in Love, Impulsive (Stunt Records)
George Russell: Manhattan-Rico, New York New York (Impulse)

10:58pm
Bob Brookmeyer: Someday My Prince Will Come,
Small Band Live at Sandy's (Gryphon)
Bob Brookmeyer: Mellow Drama, Portrait of the Artist (Atlantic/Collectibles)
Bob Brookmeyer: Blue and Sentimental, Bob Brookmeyer MOSAIC Select (Mosaic)

11:22pm
Bob Brookmeyer: Nature Boy; Just You, Just Me; Confusion Blues, Bobby
Brookmeyer (RCA Vik/Collectibles)

11:39pmBob Brookmeyer and Mads Vinding: How Deep is The Ocean,
Together (Challenge)
Bob Brookmeyer and Ted Rosenthal: Night and Day,
One Night in Vermont (Planet Arts)
Bob Brookmeyer: Body And Soul, Bob Brookmeyer MOSAIC Select (Mosaic)

(END)