[JPL] athletes to musician story

Jeff Turton jturton at comcast.net
Sat Dec 18 07:49:56 EST 2004

Though not strictly Pro athletes, Red Sox GM Theo Epstein and
ESPN/Boston Globe writer Peter Gammons have a band called Trauser that
recorded a disc last year with a host of special Boston area musicians
as guests as well as some of Boston's more notable red Sox and Patriots
stars. They do shows a couple of times a year to raise money for
charity. They have been doing these shows now for about 5 years.
Bronson Arroyo is a very talented guitar player and has done live shows
with the band and is planning as CD release of his own in 2005. Also if
I remember correctly there was a CD that came out about 4 or 5 years
ago (maybe longer) that was dedicated to Roberto Clemente and featured
a number of Latin players singing back-up on a couple of tunes  and I
believe Roberto's son was also among the musicians

Jeff Turton