[JPL] NEXT WEEK ON XM'S MODERN JAZZ CHANNEL...BEYOND JAZZ

davispro at mindspring.com davispro at mindspring.com
Sat Dec 18 11:02:49 EST 2004

XM 72...BEYOND JAZZ/WEEKLY FEATURES   (20-26 December 04)

This Monday, December 20th, we'll present another edition of our special feature...MONDAY WITH THE MASTERS! on Beyond Jazz featuring an hour of the music of possibly the most influential master of jazz history, MILES DAVIS! With the good graces of Warner Music you'll hear a full hour of his music from the mid 1980's to his death in 1991 from some of his most famous electric albums like "Tutu," "Amandla" and "Doo-Bop."  Plus you'll hear the comments of some of the artists who worked with him including Chick Corea, John Scofield and Kenny Garrett. Listen Monday at Noon Eastern/9 AM Pacific, with a replay Monday night at 11 PM Eastern/8 PM Pacific. It's MONDAY WITH THE MASTERS! featuring THE MAN...MILES DAVIS! on XM 72, Beyond Jazz.

This week it's MILES DAVIS LIVE! on WEDNESDAY NITE LIVE @ BJ'S! Every Wednesday night at 8 PM Pacific/11 PM Eastern spend an hour in the world's only imaginary modern jazz club, BJ's, for rare live performances by the biggest stars of Modern Jazz.  You'll hear music you can't hear anywhere but on XM, and this week we'll feature some of Miles Davis' greatest performances from the fusion era to the last days of his life. From Montreux to Manhattan and beyond...it's MILES DAVIS LIVE! on this weeks addition of WEDNESDAY NITE LIVE @ BJ'S!

IF IT'S FRIDAY, THIS MUST BE FUSION!  Every Friday beginning at 7 AM Eastern/4 AM Pacific we present an exclusive Beyond Jazz feature that focuses on the moment in jazz history when the music became electric and all the musical influences of the world blended with jazz to create the Fusion Era. Each hour until midnight Eastern/9 PM Pacific you'll hear a classic fusion nugget and this week we'll follow up on our week-long focus on MILES DAVIS with a Miles Fusion Classic each hour.    Listen and make up your own mind. IF IT'S FRIDAY, THIS MUST BE FUSION!  on XM 72, Beyond Jazz.

CHRISTMAS JAZZ JAM! Listen Christmas Morning, at 9 AM Eastern/6 AM Pacific for three hours of the coolest, jazzified Christmas tunes by the biggest stars of Modern Jazz.  You'll hear holiday favorites given the seasonal treatment by the likes of The Yellowjackets, Chick Corea, John Scofield, Miles Davis and a heavenly host of other merry jazzmen!  It's the three hours just before WORDS & MUSIC begins. It's the CHRISTMAS JAZZ JAM! from XM 72, Beyond Jazz!

Every Saturday is a chance to get to know the stars of Modern Jazz a little better with WORDS & MUSIC on BEYOND JAZZ, and on CHRISTMAS DAY, Saturday, December 25th, Beyond Jazz presents a very special holiday edition of "WORDS & MUSIC" with a show titled "CHRISTMAS WITH DIANNE REEVES!" Join Russ Davis as he visits with arguably the premier female vocalist in jazz today, DIANNE REEVES who'll share Christmas cheer and cuts from her first ever Christmas release "CHRISTMAS TIME IS HERE."  We'll hear how Dianne celebrates CHRISTMAS at her home while her wonderful voice brings jazzy joy to your CHRISTMAS DAY. Each hour begins with conversation followed by music. It all starts at Noon and lasts through Midnight Eastern time (9 AM-9 PM Pacific). "CHRISTMAS WITH DIANNE REEVES!" is this weeks edition of WORDS & MUSIC on XM 72, BEYOND JAZZ

Every Sunday it's the EMAIL REPLY HOUR...from 6-7 PM Eastern/3-4 PM Pacific, Russ Davis spends an hour responding to email messages by playing requested songs, answering listener questions and reading listener comments that have been emailed to him at beyondjazz at xmradio.com .

Russ Davis
Program Director
Beyond Jazz
(((XM))) Satellite Radio