[JPL] WNMC Friday Afternoon (mostly) Jazz

Thomas M "Biz" Bisard mrbiz at torchlake.com
Sat Dec 18 11:46:03 EST 2004

                                        WNMC 90.7 FM  Traverse City
Michigan
                                             Listen Online:   <www.wnmc.org>

37 Years of Community Public Radio for Northwest Lower Michigan   **  with
53 hours of jazz per week  **
  9 hours of straight blues  **  6 hours of straight folk  **  6 hours of
combined blues/folk/roots  **  6 hours of world/international music

Eric Hines, general manager/music director <ehines at message.nmc.edu>

Office: (231) 995-2562         Studio Request Line: (231) 995-1090

Product, Promotions, etc to:  WNMC, attn: Eric Hines, station manager
				1701 E Front St
				Traverse City MI 49686

Friday Afternoon December 17th Jazz 2-5  with Biz <mrbiz at torchlake.com>
hosting from the oh-so-sunny basement of West Hall on the Northwestern
Michigan College campus

				ARTIST  *  song title  *  album title  *  (label)

						2 PM
ABDULLAH IBRAHIM (then known as DOLLAR BRAND)  *  Mannenberg Is Where It's
Happening (Capetown Fringe)  *  Voice of Africa  *  (Kaz)
ABDULLAH IBRAHIM (then known as DOLLAR BRAND)  *  The Homecoming
Song  *  African Marketplace  *  (Elektra) {vinyl}
						break
request: CHASE  *  Open Up Wide  *  self-titled  *  (One Way/Sony)
DOM MINASI  *  Into the Night  *  Quick Response  *  (CDM)
MICHAEL WOLFF & IMPURE THOUGHTS  *  In the Moment  *  Dangerous
Vision  *  (Artemis)
						break
JEFF DANIELS  *  If William Shatner Can, I Can Too  *  Live & Unplugged to
Benefit the Purple Rose Theater  *  (self-produced)
THE BOBS  *  Mr. Duality  *  Shut Up & Sing  *  (Rounder)
THE FRANK & JOE SHOW  *  The Sheik of Araby  *  331/3  *  (Hyena)
THE BOBS  *  [First I Was a Hippie, Then I Was a Stockbroker] Now I Am a
Hippie Again  *  Songs for Tomorrow Morning
*  (Rhino)
NORMA ZENTENO WITH  CALVIN OWENS BLUES ORCHESTRA  *  Piel Caliente  *  Es
Tu Booty  *  (Sawdust Alley)
GABRIELA ANDERS  *  All Your Love  *  Last Tango in Rio  *  (Narada)

						3 PM
QUINCY JONES  *  Hallelujah!  *  Handel's Messiah - A Soulful
Celebration  *  (Reprise)
GEORGE SHEARING & MEL TORMÉ  *  Away in the Manger  *  Top
Drawer  *  (Concord Jazz)
STAN KENTON  *  El Congo Valiente [Valiant Congo]  *  Cuban
Fire!  *  (Capitol Jazz/EMI)
						break
HARRY MANX  *  Make Way for the Living  *  West Eats Meet  *  (Dog My Cat)
BILLIE HOLIDAY  *  Keeps on Rainin'  *  From the Original Decca
Masters  *  (MCA)
ELLA FITZGERALD WITH THE TOMMY FLANAGAN TRIO  *  Night & Day  *  Best of
the Concert Years  *  (Pablo/Fantasy)
						break
HUBERT LAWS  *  Amazing Grace  *  Best of  *  (Legacy/Sony)
ARETHA FRANKLIN  *  This Bitter Earth  *  The Queen in Waiting - The
Columbia Years  *  (Legacy/Sony)
HERBIE HANCOCK  *  Triangle  *  Inventions & Dimensions  *  (Blue
Note/Capitol/EMI)

						4 PM
DUKE ELLINGTON  *  Newport Up  *  Ellington at Newport  *  (Columbia/Sony)
CARMEN MCRAE  *  Inside a Silent Tear  *  Velvet Soul  *  (LRC)
NAT KING COLE  *  Just Another Blues  *  The Trio Recordings  *  (LaserLight)
DON BYRON  *  Freddie Freeloader  *  Ivey-Divey  *  (Blue Note/EMI)
						break
JEFF DANIELS  *  The Dirty Harry Blues  *  Live & Unplugged to Benefit the
Purple Rose Theater  *  (self-produced)
THE BOBS  *  Santa's Got a Brand New Bag  *  Too Many Santas  *  (Rounder)
JIM SNIDERO  *  Windswept  *  Close Up  *  (Milestone/Fantasy)
						break
HUBERT LAWS  *  The Rite of Spring  *  Best of  *  (Legacy/Sony)
ELLA FITZGERALD & DUKE ELLINGTON  *  Let's Do It  *  Stockholm Concert
1966  *  (Pablo/Fantasy)
BOBBY TIMMONS  *  This Here  *  Best of  *  (Riverside/Fantasy)

					Happy Holidays, All Y'all!