[JPL] Re; athletes to musicians

Arturo arturo893 at qwest.net
Sun Dec 19 15:04:06 EST 2004

ko connor wrote>>> Of course who could ever forget the song stylings of
football great
and sensitive seventies icon, Rosie Grier? See "Free to be You and Me!"
I think he might have done other stuff as well. <<<<<

Of all the replies, this is the one that I relished the most. I lived in So
Cal when Roosevelt was part of the famed Fearsome Foursome of the then L A
Rams, from that 4-pak Merlin Olsen went on to become well known as a TV
actor, Rosey was good in the original Lite Beer feud ads, taste great, less
filling with a myriad of sports personalities taking turns with cameos.
Rosey also was shown knitting yarn while hawking products. He had quite a
run on TV into the mid 80's. He also was a 1-Hit wonder on the pop charts
and has made several albums, including gospel as of late.  As a teen, I'll
never forget watching him on live TV when RFK was shot at L A's Cocoanut
Grove. He's a cousin of Pam Grier.

Let's see, The Deacon David Jones and Double L, Lamarr Lundy complete the
quartet.  Thanks for sparking pleasant memories.

Happy Happies

Thanks to all who replied, I have several good names added to my list.

Arturo Gómez