[JPL] Playlist: Sound of Surprise 12-19-04

Larry Appelbaum jumpmonk at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 20 04:48:30 EST 2004

Sound of Surprise
WPFW-FM
Washington DC
Sunday 4-7 pm

Interview with drummer, composer Allison Miller, featuring cuts from her
upcoming release

Bob Brookmeyer birthday set
1) Bob Brookmeyer-Some of My Best Friends (Gloomy Sunday and Other Bright
Moments)
2) Gerry Mulligan w/Bob Brookmeyer-Israel (Jazz Masters 36)
3) Bob Brookmeyer-Shiek of Araby (Traditionalism Revisited)

4) Grachan Moncur III-When? (Exploration)
5) Vanguard Jazz Orchestra-Frame For The Blues (Music of Slide Hampton)

Lenny White birthday set
6) Joe Henderson w/Lenny White-Mode For Joe (At The Lighthouse)
7) Ron Carter w/Lenny White-Tail Feathers (Stardust)
8) Freddie Hubbard w/Lenny White-Red Clay (Red Clay)
9) Chick Corea RTF w/Lenny White-Vulcan Worlds (Where Have I Known You
Before)

Holiday Songs
10) Paquito d'Rivera-God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen (Jingle Bell Jazz)
11) Rene Marie-Winter Wonderland (MaxJazz Holiday)
12) Kenny Wheeler/Paul Bley-The Christmas Song (Justin Time For Christmas
Two)
13) Les DeMerle-Little Be-bop Drummer Boy (On Fire)
14) Wynton Marsalis w/Kathleen Battle-Silent Night (Crescent City Christmas
Card)
15) Coleman Hawkins-Greensleeves (Soul)
16) Patricia Barber-Santa Claus Is Coming To Town (single)
17) Michel Camilo-Feliz Navidad (A Jazz Piano Christmas)
18) Dianne Reeves-Let It Snow (Christmas Time Is Here)
19) George Adams-Going Home (Nightingale)
Larry Appelbaum
jumpmonk at hotmail.com