[JPL] WFNX Jazz Brunch Holiday show

Jeff Turton jturton at comcast.net
Wed Dec 22 10:19:36 EST 2004

The annual Holiday show is always one of the more fun shows on the Jazz
Brunch. It is reasonably straight forward but every year I go out of my
way to find a few rare unheard gems. Some of this years included the
Therapy Sisters for the truly dysfunctional, The Mistletones with a
Christmas classic set to the old Monkee's tune, Neil Gaimon with a
space age Santa tale and Ming and FS with a funky bass/drum thing and
we couldn't finish without the new Jazz Brunch Christmas classic by
Boston band Seks Bomba and a tune that one ups 007....Double O Santa.

Happy Holidays

Jeff

Jazz Brunch Holiday Show   12/19/2004
	6 AM: -
	 	 Philadelphia Experiment - Ile Ife/The Philadelphia Experiment
	 	 Mo Horizons/Various Artists - Gonna Be (Ben Human Remix)/Blues
Lounge
	 	 Fishbelly Black/Various Artists - Spontaneous Combustion/C&S Street
Jazz
	 	 dZhihan & Kamien - Basmati/Live In Vienna
	  	 -
	  	 Eric Reed - Christmas Blues/Merry Magic
	 	 Duke Ellington - The Shepard (Who Watches Over The Night
Flock)/Second COncert Of Sacred Music
	 	 -
		 Soweto Kinch - Conversations With The Unseen/Conversations With The
Unseen
		 Bobby Watson/Jack Walrath - CHristo Redentor/Yule Be Boppin
		 -
		 Don Byron - Himm (For Our Lord and Kirk Franklin)/Ivey Divey
	 7 AM: -
		 Squirrel Nut Zippers - Hanging Up My Stockings/Christmas Caravan
		 Keb Mo - Jingle Bell Jamboree/A Little Mo (EP)
	  	 John Lee Hooker - Blues For Christmas/Blue Yule
		 Roy Milton - Christmas Time Blues/Blue Christmas
	 	 -
		 The Yellowjackets - In A Silent Night/Peace Round
	 	 Alice Coltrane - The Hymn/Translinear Light
	 	 Grover Washington - Breath Of Heaven (Mary's Song)/Breath Of Heaven
	 	 -
		 Dianne Reeves/Mino Cinelu/Various Artists - Twelve Days Of
Christmas/World Christmas
		 Bobby Watson - Vauncing Chimes/Yule Struttin: A Blue Note Christmas
		 -
		 Mickey Rooney - Jingle Bells
	  	 Bleu - Jingle Bells/A Bing Bang Holiday
	 8 AM: -
		Duke Ellington - Overture: The Nutcracker/Three Suites
	 	 - Toot Toot Tootie Toot/Three Suites
	  	 - Peanut Brittle Brigade/Three Suites
	 	 - Sugar Rum Cherry/Three Suites
	 	 -
	 	 Dave McKenna - Don't Want No Blues This Christmas/Christmas Ivory
	  	 Rene Marie - Wishes/Serene Renegade
		 -
	 	 Gil Scott Heron - Peace Go With You Brother/Winter In America
	 	 Wallace Roney - Let's Stay Together/Prototype
		 -
		 Tony Monaco - Greasy Spoon/Fiery Blues
		 Jimmy Liggens/Various Artists - I Want My Baby For Christmas/Blue
Yule
	9 AM: -
		Charles Brown - A Song For Christmas/Cool Christmas Blues
		 Charles Brown - Merry Christmas Baby/Blue Yule
		 Charles Brown - Christmas Comes But Once A Year/Cool Christmas Blues
		 -
	  	 Solomon Burke/Various Artists - Christmas Presents/Christmas Party
With Eddie G
		 Ella Fitzgerald/Various Artists - Santa Got Stuck In My Chimney/Yule
Be Miserable
	 	 Bob Francis/Various Artists - That Swinging Manger/Blame It On
Christmas
		 The Therapy Sisters - Happy Whatever You're Having
		 -
		 Branford Marsalis - The Lonely Swan/Eternal
	 	 Eric Reed - Angels In The Snow/Merry Magic
		 -
		 Queen Latifah - The Same Love That Made Me Laugh/The Dana Owens Album
	  	 Pearl Bailey - Five Pound Bos Of Money/Hipsters Holiday
	  	 Jimmy Butler - Trim Your Tree/Savoy Christmas Blues
	10 AM: -
		Jacqui Naylor - Father Christmas/Shelter Video Plus Bonus Holiday
Tracks
		 Neil Gaiman - Nicholas Was.....
	  	 Ming And FS - Snowflakes Falling
	  	 The Three Bings - We Three Bings/Blame It On Christmas
	 	 Bing Crosby/Various Artists - Happy Holidays (Beef Wellington
Remix)/Christmas Remixed
	 	 -
	 	 L Gayle - Dixieland Christmas
		 Louis Armstrong - Christmas In New Orleans/The Joy Of Christmas Past
		 Louis Armstrong - Zat You Santa Claus/Hipsters Holiday
	  	 Louis Armstrong - Christmas In Harlem/Joy Of Christmas Past
	 	 Louis Armstrong - Cool Yule/Hipster Holiday
	 	 -
	 	 Howie Rubin from Bauer Wines - Last minute gift suggestions
	 	 -
	 	 The Three Weismen - Schlep The Halls With Loaves Of Hallah/Blame It
On Christmas
	 	 American Comedy Network - Radio Shopping Club: Faux Presents
	 	 Eartha Kitt - Santa Baby/Hipsters Holiday
	 11 AM: -
	 	 Gilberto Gil/Caetano Veloso/Eliane ELias - Boas Festas/World
Christmas
	.  	 Caesaria Evora - Natal/World Christmas
	  	 Yomo Toro - Celebramos Navidad/Celebramos Navidad
		 -
	 	 The Bobs - Santa's Got A Brand New Bag/Too Many Santa's
	 	 Brent Dowe - Christmas In Jamaica/Irie Christmas In Jamaica
	 	 Lord Nelson - Party For Santa Claus/Mas: A Caribbean Cristmas Party
	 	 Big John Greer - We Want To See Santa Do The Mambo/Hipsters Holiday
		 -
		 Louis Jordan - Santa Claus, Santa Claus/Blue Yule
	.  	 The Marquees - Santa Done Got Hip/Hipsters Holiday
	 	 The Moonglows - Hey Santa Claus/Blue Christmas
		 Ollie McLollie - Dig That Crazy Santa Claus/Hipsters Holiday

		 Seks Bomba - Double O Santa
  		 Five Car Pile Up - Beatnik's Wish 	 	The Mistletones - I'm A
Believer