[JPL] WCLV Jazz Playlist 12/26

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Wed Dec 22 14:22:03 EST 2004

The early hours of  the day after Christmas on WCLV in Cleveland:

Performer                      Music                  Recording Title
Label
12:00MID
Rahsaan Roland Kirk    We Free Kings    Have Yourself
                                                          a Jazzy Little
Christmas                 Verve
Steve Turre     Serenade to a Cuckoo/Bright Moments
                                                     The Spirits Up Above
High Note
The Bonner Party                Essence                 Lights Out
Akashic
Joe Bonner                 Ode to Trane                 New Beginnings
Evidence
Rob McConnell   What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve?
                                                                      Big
Band Christmas            Concord
Mike Longo        Nocturnal Sea Voyage               Oasis
CAP
Bob Mintzer-Kurt Elling    All is Quiet           Live at MCG
MCG Jazz

1:00AM
Patricia Barber     Santa Claus is Coming to Town     (single)
Premonition/Blue Note
Les DeMerle         Sleigh Ride                Jazz Spirit of Christmas
Origin
Mark Murphy     Green Dolphin Street     Bop for Miles                 High
Note
Art Pepper        Over the Rainbow         The Best of

Contemporary
Phil Woods          Meet Benny Bailey      This is How I Feel..      Jazzed
Media
Phil Woods-Herbie Mann     Alvin G       Beyond Brooklyn         MCG Jazz
Phil Woods-Carl Saunders    Mr. Lucky      Henry Mancini          Jazzed
Media
Jackie McLean        Lights Out               The Best of

Prestige

2:00AM
Bob Dorough       Blue Xmas               Yule Be Boppin’
Blue Note
John Coltrane       My Favorite Things          (same)
Atlantic
John Coltrane      The Way You Look Tonight     The Best of
      Prestige
Eric Dolphy         Status Seeking                The Best of

Prestige
Wayne Shorter     Speak No Evil               Footprints
Columbia/Blue Note

3:00AM
Bobby Watson        Vauncing Chimes        Yule Struttin’               Blue
Note
Bobby Watson        Horizon Reassambled            (same)
Palmetto
Don Byron               In a Silent Way            Ivey-Divey
Blue Note
Enrico Pieranunzi    Suspension Points          Doorways
CamJazz
Enrico Pieranunzi      It Speaks for Itself    Don’t Forget the Poet
Challenge
Marilyn Crispell       Limbo                      Storyteller
ECM

4:00AM
Hilton Ruiz      Santa Claus is Coming to Town        Merry Jazzmas
Novus
Pucho               Guajeo en Dominante              The Hideout
Milestone
Marlon Simon         Tranquilo Mood             Live in La Paz
Intrigue
David Sanchez       Eu Sei Que VouTe Amar        Coral
Columbia
Luciana Souza        Tonight I Can Write            Neruda
Sunnyside
Maria Marquez       Tonada de Ordeno          Nature’s Princess
Adventure
Charlie Haden         Cancion a Paola                Land of the Sun
Verve

5:00AM
Jimmy McGriff      Silver Bells                      Santa’s Bag
Telarc
Deep Blue Organ Trio    Can’t Hide Love   Deep Blue Bruise          Delmark
Richie Hart            Blues in the Alley                (same)
Zoho
Carlos Fernandez        All the Things You Are
                                                 East Coast Standard Time
Altru
Eric Alexander          Search for Peace            Dead Center
High Note
McCoy Tyner           Prelude to a Kiss           Counterpoints
Milestone
Ray Brown    We Wish You a Merry Christmas  Christmas Songs   Telarc
Les DeMerle    What are You Doing New Year’s Eve?
                                                The Jazz Spirit of Christmas
Origin

John Simna
jsimna at wclv.com <mailto:jsimna at wclv.com>