[JPL] WGBH Playlist 7 PM - Mid 12/27

eric jackson eric-jackson at comcast.net
Tue Dec 28 01:18:39 EST 2004

Monday, Dec 27, 7pm–midnight, WGBH 89.7 Boston

Jazz Goes To Church

	7:00pm

7:08pm
Richard Davis: Go Down Moses, The Bassist (Palmetto 2071)

7:10pm
Russell Malone: Swing Low Sweet Chariot, Sweet Georgia Peach (Impulse 275)

7:13pm
Grant Green: Deep River, Feelin' The Spirit (Blue Note 46822)

7:22pm
Arthur Blythe: What A Friend We Have In Jesus, Blythe Byte (Savant 2036)

7:29pm
Hank Crawford: Amazing Grace, After Dark (Milestone 9279)

7:35pm
Bernard Purdie: Nobody Knows The Trouble I've Seen, Soul To Jazz II (ACT
9253)

7:44pm
Arnett Cobb: Just A Closer Walk With Thee, Live At Sandy's (Muse 5558)

7:51pm
Tony Reedus: Calvary, The Far Side (Evidence 22201)

8:04pm
Gregory Tardy: Take My Hand, Precious Lord, The Hidden Light (J Curve 1009)

8:07pm
Jay Hoggard: Elijah Rock, The Little Tiger (Muse 5410)

8:12pm
Teri Thornton: The Lord's Prayer, I'll Be Easy To Find (Verve 314547755)

8:17pm
Kevin Eubanks: Sometimes I Feel Like A Motherless Child, Live At Bradley's
(Blue Note 30133)

8:35pm
Charles Lloyd: There Is A Balm In Gilead, The Water Is Wide (ECM 1734)

8:40pm
Carl Allen: A City Called Heaven, Testimonial (Atlantic 82755)

8:47pm
John Coltrane: Spiritual, Live At The Village Vanguard (Impulse 39136)

9:06pm
Monty Alexander: How Great Thou Art, The River (Concord 4422)

9:11pm
Jane Bunnett: Sometimes I Feel Like A Motherless Child, Spirituals And
Dedications (Justin Time 169)

9:16pm
Max Roach: Members Don't Get Weary, Members Don't Get Weary (Koch 8514)

9:21pm
Rahsaan Roland Kirk: Old Rugged Cross, Left Hook, Right Cross (32 Jazz
32142)

9:33pm
Abbey Lincoln: It's Me, It's Me (Verve 0001268)

9:36pm
Monty Alexander: Ain't Gonna Study War No More, The River (Concord 4422)

9:40pm
Maceo Parker: Down By The Riverside, Mo' Roots (Verve 314511068)

9:47pm
Los Hombres Calientes: I'll Fly Away, Vodou Dance (Basin Street Records
0204)

9:49pm
Grant Green: Joshua Fit De Battle Ob Jericho, Feelin' The Spirit (Blue
Note 46822)

10:05pm
Eva Cassidy: Wade In The Water, Songbird (Blix 10045)

10:09pm
Stephen Scott: This Little Light Of Mine, The Beautiful Thing (Verve
314533186)

10:15pm
James Williams: Walk With Me, Jazz Dialogues Music For A While (Finas 104)

10:21pm
Donald Byrd: A City Called Heaven, A City Called Heaven (Landmark 1530)

10:36pm
Preservation Hall Jazz Band: His Eye Is On The Sparrow, New Orleans Vol 1
(Columbia 34549)

10:41am
Dr. Michael White: What A Friend We Have In Somebody, A Song For George
Lewis (Basin Street 0501)

10:49pm
Sidney Bechet: When The Saints Go marching In, The Best Of Sidney bechet
(Blue Note 28891)

10:52pm
James And Troy Andrews: Just A Closer Walk With Thee, 12 & Shorty (Keep
Swingin' Records)

10:58pm
Duke Ellington: Keep Your Hand On The Plow, Live At Newport 1958
(Columbia/Legacy 53584)

11:07pm
Eva Cassidy: Wayfaring Stranger, Songbird (Blix 10045)

11:11pm
Cyrus Chestnut: Precious Lord, You Are My Sunshine (Warner 48445)

11:19pm
Pharoah Sanders: Let Us Go Into The House Of The Lord, Summun Bukmun Umyun
(Impulse 265)

11:39pm
Marcus Printup: Amazing Grace, Unveiled (Blue Note 37302)

11:41pm
Jane Bunnett: I'm Gonna Tell God, Spirituals & Dedications (Justin Time
169)

11:46pm
Gene Harris: (Jesus Keeps Me) Near The Cross, In His Hands (Concord 4758)

11:51pm
Larry Willis: Let Us Break Bread Together, Solo Spirit (Maple Shade 01432)

Airtimes are approximate.

Eric Jackson
Monday thru Thursday 7 PM to Midnight
WGBH Boston 89.7 FM