[JPL] WCLV Jazz Playlist for 1/2/05

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Thu Dec 30 09:40:10 EST 2004

Moving into the New Year on Jazz All Night on WCLV in Cleveland:

Performer                      Music                  Recording Title
Label
12:00MID
Chalres Mingus    Better Git it in Your Soul     Complete 1959
Columbia
Art Blakey      Lester Left Town            Footprints            Blue
Note/Columbia
Thelonious Monk        Bye-Ya              In Concert
Columbia
Miles Davis      My Funny Valentine    Complete 1964 Concert
Columbia
Keith Jarrett    I Can’t Believe That You’re in Love With Me
                                                           The
Out-of-Towners                  ECM

1:00AM
Wallace Roney     Three Views of the Blues         Prototype
High Note
Jim Snidero          Blues for the Moment               Close Up
Milestone
Mike Frost           Milestones             Nothing Smooth About It
Blujazz
Miles Davis         All of You         Complete 1964 Concert
Columbia
Miles Davis         ESP                          Footprints
Columbia
Thelonious Monk      I Mean You           In Concert
Columbia

2:00AM
Rahsaan Roland Kirk        Roots      Here Comes the Whistleman     Label M
Steve Turre           One for Kirk         The Spirits Up Above
High Note
Tim McNamara       Waltz for Rahsaan         Earth Sign
Blu Jazz
Woody Shaw        Rahsaan’s Run              Live Vol. 2
High Note
Miles Davis             So What?       Complete 1964 Concert
Columbia
Thelonious Monk       Four in One           In Concert
Columbia

3:00AM
Wayner Shorter         Sanctuary               Footprints
Columbia
Richard Bliwas             Reality                   Ghost
Rising Rose
Sun Ra         Plutonian Nights    Cool Jazz – The Cocktail Hour
Evidence
Jaco Fred Jazz Odyssey    Walking with Giants    (same)
Hyena
Medeski, Martin and Wood      Shine It      End of the World Party     Blue
Note
Dave Douglas et al         Maputo              Bow River Falls
Premonition
Matthias Lupri         Middle Zone            Transition Sonic
Summit

4:00AM
Wayne Shorter     Dry Cleaner from Des Moines     Footrpints
Columbia
Jeff Watts                107 Steps                 Detained
Half Note
Branford Masrsalis         A Love Supreme – I         Live
Marsalis Music
Dennis Colin                   Amen            Something in Common
Sunnyside
Alice Coltrane                Leo               Translinear Light
Light
John Coltrane                Lush Life           Plays for Lovers
Prestige

5:00AM
Thelonious Monk       Evidence                In Concert
Columbia
Miles Davis                Joshua                 Complete 1964 Concert
Columbia
Wayne Shorter       In Walked Wayne              Heroes
Verve/Columbia
Wayner Shorter      Down in the Depths         Introducing
Koch
Jessica Williams     It Don’t Mean a Thing
                                           I Let a Song Go Out of My Heart
Hep Jazz
Anton Schwartz     In the Wee Small Hours       Holiday Time         Anton
Jazz

John Simna
jsimna at wclv.com <mailto:jsimna at wclv.com>

WCLV