[JPL] Playlists - Radio Adelaide 101.5FM for December 2004

Gregory L Fisher jazzviews at yahoo.com.au
Fri Dec 31 16:12:45 EST 2004

These are my playlists for "Jazz at Six" and "Jazz on the Terrace" heard every week day on Radio Adelaide 101.5FM and on the world wide web via www.radio.adelaide.edu.au (streaming 24/7).

Many thanks to the many artists and labels that have kept the Jazz flowing and fresh over the past 12 months. Here's to an even better 2005.

regards,

Greg Fisher
"Jazz Views"

Monday 6/12/2004 Jazz On The Terrace Radio Adelaide 101.5FM
Artiste / CD Title / Track Title / Label
Stan Getz / Jazz No 3 / They Can't Take That Away From Me / Verve
Dizzy Gillespie / "Dizzy Atmosphere" (Vol 2) / Oo-Shoo-Be-Doo-Be / Naxos Jazz Legends
Stan Getz / Jazz No 3 / Jeepers Creepers / Verve
Matt Wilson's Arts & Crafts / Wake Up! / Aluminium Baby / Palmetto Records
Manhattan Transfer / The Best Of *** / A Nightingale Sang In Berkley Square / Atlantic
Larry Vuckovich & Jon Hendricks / Reunion / Scrapple From The Apple / Robbins-Tetrachord
Doctor Lonnie Smith / Too Damn Hot / Too Damn Hot / Palmetto Records
Josh Workman / Jumpin' At The Border / You're Driving Me Crazy / Robbins-Tetrachord
Art Blakey & Jazz Messengers / Something Blue Vol 1 / Moanin' / Blue Note

Friday (What's New?) 24/12/2004 Jazz At Six Radio Adelaide 101.5FM
Artiste / CD Title / Track Title / Label
Roland Kirk / We Free Kings - 1961 / We Free Kings / Trip Jazz
* Don Burrows Quintet / Cool Yule / Hark! The Herald Angels Sing / Cherry Pie
Chick Corea / Jazz Master 3 / Friends / Verve
Chris Potter / Gratitude / Sun King / Verve
Wayne Shorter / Alegria / Sacajawea / Verve
Matthias Lupri Group / Transition Sonic / Chime Trance / Summit Records
Robin Eubanks Sextet / 4 JJ-Slide-Curtis and Al / A Child Is Born / TCOB
George Shearing Quintet / Christmas With *** / God Rest You Merry Gentlemen / Telarc Jazz
Jason Weber / Xmas Sampler / What Child Is This? / Private Compilation
Josh Workman / Jumpin' At The Border / Jumpin' At The Border / Robbins-Tetrachord
(Doctor) Lonnie Smith / Too Damn Hot / Track 9 / Palmetto Records
* Bruce Cale Quartet / Live / Rolling Thunder / Tall Poppies
Stefon Harris & Evolution / Blackout / Red-Bone Natti-Bone / Blue Note
Chick Corea / Compact Jazz / Captain Senor Mouse / Verve
Luther Vandross / Xmas Sampler / My Favourite Things / Private Compilation

Wednesday 29/12/2004 Jazz On The Terrace Radio Adelaide 101.5FM
Artiste / CD Title / Track Title / Label
Ella Fitzgerald / Have Yourself A Jazzy Little Christmas / Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas / Verve
* Don Burrows Quintet / Cool Yule / Jingle Bells / Cherry Pie
Dizzy Gillespie / Dizzy Atmosphere / Caravan / Naxos Jazz Legends
Josh Workman / Jumpin' At The Border / Jumpin' At The Border / Robbins-Tetrachord
Larry Vuckovich & Jon Hendricks / Reunion / Lester Leaps In / Robbins-Tetrachord
Connie Evingson / Gypsy In My Soul / I'm Confessin' / Minnihaha Records
Oscar Peterson / Have Yourself A Jazzy Little Christmas / A Child Is Born / Verve
Mel Torme / Have Yourself A Jazzy Little Christmas / The Christmas Song / Verve
Gail Wynters / My Shining Hour / Come Rain Or Come Shine / Naxos Jazz
Doctor Lonnie Smith / Too Damn Hot / Some Day My Prince Will Come / Palmetto Records
George Shearing Quintet / Christmas With *** / God Rest You Merry Gentlemen / Telarc Jazz

* denotes Australian artist(s) on recording