[JPL] JzFmS4 WGBH Boston 7/2/2004

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Jul 3 08:01:43 EDT 2004

Jazz from Studio Four
Friday, July 2, 7pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7
About this broadcast

SPECIAL FEATURE:
GERI ALLEN, HILTON RUIZ AND HERBIE HANCOCK from 2003 MONTREAL JAZZ F ESTIVAL

7:00pm
THEME: Horace Parlan: Wadin',
Speakin My Piece (Blue Note)

7:05pm
RECORDED 56 YEARS AGO TODAY JULY 2, 1948:
Milt Jackson/Thelonious Monk
Evidence; Misterioso; Epistrophy; I Mean You,
Wizard of The Vibes (Blue Note)

7:21pm
John Stetch: Ask Me Now, Exponentially Monk (Justin Time)
Dianne Reeves: Reflections, A Little Moonlight (Blue Note)
Brad Mehldau: Skippy, Anything Goes (Warner bros)

7:41pm
Benny Golson: Terminal 1, Terminal 1 (Concord)
Russell Gunn: Park Avenue Petite, Mood Swings (HighNote)
Mark Buselli/Claude Sifferlen: Stablemates, Take the Mitsu (OA2 Records)

8:05pm
SPECIAL FEATURE: 2003 MONTREAL JAZZ FESTIVAL
Geri Allen; July 3, 2003: Lush Life; In The Middle
(Radio Canada not commercially available)

8:28pm
Herbie Hancock Trio June 26, 2003: Eye of The Hurricane
(Radio Canada not available commercially)

8:48pm
Hilton Ruiz July 3, 2003: Home Cookin; Lush Life
(Radio Canada not available commercially)

9:05pm
Geri Allen: Soul Eyes; Laila's House
(Radio Canada not available commercially)

9:23pm
Herbie Hancock Trio: Pastel Rhapsody; 7thD
(Radio Canada not available commercially)

9:43pm
Hilton Ruiz: African Ripples; Gemini
(Radio Canada not available commercially0
END OF FEATURE

10:05pm
Andy Bey: Mountain Greenery, Chillin with Andy Bey (Minor Music)
Bobby Watson: Lemoncello, Horizon Reassembled (Palmetto)
Roseanna Vitro: Land of Wonder, Tropical Postcards (A Records)

10:30pm
Joe Lovano: Don't Blame Me, I'm All For You (Blue Note)
Wayne Escoffery: I Should Care, Intuition (Nagel Heyer)
Stan Getz/Bob Brookmeyer: Who Cares, Stan Getz/Jazz Moods/Cool
(Columbia Legacy)

10:56pm
Pepper Adams/Jimmy Knepper: Primrose Path,
The Pepper/Knepper Quintet (Fresh Sounds)
James Carter: A Flower is A Lovesome Thing,
Gardenias for Lady Day (Columbia)
Gary Smulyan: Cindy's Tune, The Real Deal (Reservoir)

11:20pm
Benny Green/Russell Malone: Bluebird, Bluebird (Telarc)
Jerry Gonzalez: Donnalli (Donna Lee), Y Los Paratas De Flamenco (Sunnyside)
Leroy Williams: Back Home, Time Is (Jazz Child)
Charlie Parker: Embraceable You, The Ultimate Charlie Parker (Rhino)

11:43pm
Lee Konitz: Lover Man, One Day with Lee (Capri)
Lee Konitz/Alan Broadbent: You Go To My Head, More Live-Lee (Milestone)
Lee Konitz: Thanks for The Memory, Tenor-Lee (Choice/Candid)

END