[JPL] Playlist: Sound of Surprise

Larry Appelbaum jumpmonk at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 5 14:26:18 EDT 2004

Sound of Surprise
WPFW-FM
July 4, 2004
Sunday 4-7 pm.

Independence Day Set
1) Art Blakey-Blues March (Drums)
2) Joe Newman/Joe Wilder-Battle Hymn of the Republic (Hangin' Out)
3) Tom Varner-All Quiet On The Potomac (The Window Up Above)
4) Bill Frisell-Washington Post March (Have A Little Faith)
5) Weather Report-American Tango (Mysterious Traveler)
6) Anthony Braxton-March (Creative Orchestra Music 1976)
7) Carla Bley-The National Anthem (Looking For America)

Puerto Rican Jazz
8) Ramon Vasquez-April (On The Move)
9) Oscar Cartaya-Cuero y Cuerda (My Music My Friends My Time)
10) David Sanchez-Los Aretes de la Luna (Obsesion)
11) Noro Morales-Swinging With Noro (Los Exitos Vol. 1)
12) Elliot Fayjoo-Move (Rebirth)
13) John Benitez-Breakdown (Descarga In New York)
14) William Cepeda-Sigue la Corriente (Puerto Rico Heineken Jazz Fest 2003)

Jazz In Toronto & Montreal
15) Sax Summit-Blues Up and Down (Sax Summit)
16) Guido Basso-Lost In The Stars (Lost In The Stars)
17) Doug Riley-Juggin' Around (Con Alma)
18) Sonny Greenwich/Marilyn Lerner-Simple Pleasures (Special Angel)
19) Pat LaBarbera-Fantazm (From The Heart)
20) NOJO-The Great Farini Pt. 1 (Highwire)
21) Karl Jannuska-Liberating Vines (Liberating Vines)
Larry Appelbaum
jumpmonk at hotmail.com